*TreadmillReviewGuru helps consumers find the best home fitness products. When you buy a product we recommend, we may earn a commission.
Fitness is an important part of our life and we have several tools to help us achieve our fitness goals. When it comes to working out, legs are the most neglected part of our body and most of us tend to focus only on the upper muscle groups. Half of our body’s mass consists of quadriceps, thighs, calves, and buttocks. So one must never miss legs workout.
- 1 Best Leg Press Machines – Our Top Recommendations
- 2 Buyer’s Guide
You must be searching for a good leg press machine that won’t break down and hurt you during the workout. As when it comes to fitness, we all want durable fitness machines to promote our fitness regimen and live healthy lives.
This article will serve as a guide to a potential home gym owner, who not only wants the best leg workout machine but also wants a guide on how to choose the perfect one. Before now most of these workout machines could only be found in commercial gyms but presently thanks to technology and evolution, these machine manufacturers believe it is better to construct smaller equipment for personal and home use.
When getting a solid leg press machine for your home, it can be confusing to choose the best out of the hundreds of machines out there. With fitness machine makers claiming that theirs is the best, an individual could end up buying something that is not worth the money spent.
So, having tested out some of the leg press machines that are said to be the best, and compared observations with use, reviews from other fitness experts, below are reviews of the five best leg machines in the market.
These five include:
|Leg Press Machine||Weight||Type|
|Body-Solid Leg Press & Hack Squat||317 pounds||Inclined|
|Premier Vertical Leg Press||200 pounds||Vertical|
|Powerline Home Gym With Leg Press||384 pounds||Horizontal|
|XMark Leg Press Hack Squat||170 pounds||Inclined|
|BodyCraft Hip Sled & Leg Press||490 pounds||Inclined|
Best Leg Press Machines – Our Top Recommendations
This machine was built with comfort and safety in mind. Unlike several leg press machines out there, this one by Body-Solid, works on the gluteus muscles, the calves, and quads, while easing tension on the joints and bones. In order words, you would not leave the machine feeling like you have been run over by a trailer.
That is not all; the leg press also doubles as a hack squat. In other words, you can get more than one exercise out of it. All you need to do is switch from one option to the other. For a standard home gym, consider this fitness machine for one of your first buy.
- Quad track roller system.
- Support for back and shoulders.
- Safety lockouts.
- Diamond plate foot platforms for solid leg grip.
- When assembled, the body solid leg press and hack squat machine weigh 317 lbs.
- The maximum capacity it can take is 1000 pounds.
- It measures 83 inches in length, 34 inches in width and is 56 inches high.
This is the second best home gym equipment that has been tested out so far. If you cannot afford to get a Body Solid Leg Press, you might want to consider getting this beast. It is similar to the former in many ways than one. People who used this machine observed that it is not exactly as awesome as Body Solid, but it also packs a punch.
- Lifetime warranty.
- Supports standard and olympic weight bars.
- Has padding three inches thick.
- This is one solid equipment. It is mounted on grade 8 heavy-duty rollers.
- It weighs 200 lbs.
- Measures 49 inches in length by 47 inches in width by 75 inches in height.
- The footplate measures 30 by 15 inches; enough room to try out various leg positions while working out.
This equipment is not just awesome; it takes versatility to a whole new level. Following the Body Solid Leg Press and Premier Vertical Leg Press closely; it is the kind of machine that fitness buffs would not take for granted. After a session on this machine, its given that anyone who takes body fitness seriously would love it. What’s more, it comes equipped with a leg press as a bonus.
- The machine has several stations for different kinds of workouts. They include:
- High Pulley Station: For triceps press downs among other high pulley workouts.
- Functional Pulley Station: For converging pulleys and exercises that have to do with the consistent and smooth resistance of muscles involved.
- Low Pulley Station: For lower lats exercises, abduction and adduction of the legs, upright rows, and cable curls.
- Mid Pulley Station: For abdominal crunches, triceps exercises and sculpting the areas of the abdomen.
- Multi Press Arms: For chest workouts and development of the chest muscles. Also, the seats can be adjusted according to an individual’s height.
- Ten years warranty for the frame and one year warranty for the parts.
- Workout benches included.
- There is an allowance to stack additional leg press, for those who want increased resistance.
- It is compact; saving space.
- Weighs 384 lbs.
- Comes packed in three separate packages.
This is another beautifully crafted fitness machine. Working on the lower part of quadriceps without putting undue pressure on the knees, this machine can be used by both young and old alike, giving you defined muscles in no time.
- Scratch resistant powder finish.
- Large footplate.
- Adjustable parts.
- Safety locks.
- Ideal for home use.
- Lifetime warranty.
- 11 gauge 2 inches by 3 inches bodywork.
- 87 inches long and 36.5 inches wide.
- 1000 pounds capacity.
This is one sleek machine that speaks class. It is a hip and leg press machine, which also allows for hack squats, without taking up the whole of your gym floor. If space is your major constraint, then check this machine out.
- Lifetime warranty.
- Donkey squat option.
- Industrial grade linear bearings.
- Heavy gauge steel.
- Weight capacity of 1000 pounds.
- Measures 39 inches by 79 inches by 50 inches.
Budget Is Necessary
Being fit is good for the health, but your pocket has to be considered when setting up your personal gym. There are a lot of expensive fitness equipment out there, as well as cheap ones. However, the fact remains that, to get the best or something close, you would have to spend more than pocket change. Look at how much you are able to afford before making a choice. Thankfully, one or two of the above machines are quite affordable.
Take Note of Space
It would not feel good to buy a machine that takes up space meant for other equipment. If you have a small garage or home gym space, either go for a narrow or compact machine, or one like the Powerline Home Gym that has other inbuilt equipment.
Reviews Are Important
That is the reason why this review was created; to help you make a good choice. With reviews, you will get a feel of what you want to buy, consider the pros and cons, and check out their specifications. Also, knowing which ones have the best reviews would help narrow down your choice(s.)
In conclusion, though people have their opinions of what the solid best leg press machines are, your preferences have to come first. Go for what you want and can afford and keep to stay healthy and fit.