*TreadmillReviewGuru helps consumers find the best home fitness products. When you buy a product we recommend, we may earn a commission.
Last Updated: January 3, 2023
Have you ever wanted a home gym that comes in the form of a mirror? Or have you ever wanted a mirror that you can not only watch your exercise form in, but it tracks your positioning to monitor your training? Or maybe you’ve just wanted your own personal trainer to give you guidance while working out in your home? If you’re nodding your head, then it sounds like you need a workout mirror.
The age of workout mirrors is upon us, and let me tell you, they are enticing for home fitness enthusiasts for a number of reasons. If you’re limited on space, fitness mirrors can be a convenient way for you to work out from home. Most come with additional equipment, so you can strength train and get the experience of taking a studio fitness class, all in the comfort of your own home. They all have different programming and features so we’ve put together this list of best workout mirrors so you can decide which one is perfect for you.
Why You Should Trust Us
We test all kinds of home fitness equipment, here at Treadmill Review Guru. Fitness mirrors and virtual fitness content are included in the mix, especially with how prevalent they both are nowadays. In order to compile this list, we’ve looked at the overall construction, content, functionality, and installation in order to help you determine which workout mirror is best for you.
Here Are The Best Workout Mirrors For 2023
Sneak Peek of the Best Workout Mirrors:
Best Workout Mirrors – Our Experts Top Picks
Check out this list below of our top best workout mirrors for 2023, handpicked by our team of gurus.
Coming out at the top of our list of best workout mirrors is the Tonal. The Tonal has a lot of impressive capabilities packed into a sleek and minimal design. The Tonal comes delivered and installed by their professionals to ensure the Tonal is mounted properly to the wall. It takes up the same amount of space as a flat-screen TV and it kind of looks like one when you’re not using it.
When you are using it, you need to make sure that there’s enough space in front of the Tonal for you to comfortably move around and enough wall space. Two arms extend out from the machine and they can be adjusted multiple ways in order for you to perform all kinds of exercises. There’s also an accessory bundle that includes a bench, rope, bar, and handles for you to get even more use out of your Tonal. The Tonal works your entire body and allows you to lift up to 200 lbs of weight. This smart gym is like having a squat rack and personal trainer in your home for a fraction of the space.
In addition to all of this, the Tonal has built-in AI technology that assesses your fitness level and determines the proper weight for you to lift. By using 17 sensors to track your positioning, you have guidance during every rep. As you get stronger, Tonal adjusts your weight to ensure you’re always challenged. And if you feel overly challenged or are struggling, the Spotter feature automatically lowers the resistance so you can finish out every rep safely.
The Tonal has a built-in touch screen to track your progress and access the library of thousands of trainer-led workouts. The lineup of live and on-demand classes ranges from strength training, dance cardio, yoga, high intensity, kickboxing, and more.
Learn more about the Tonal Smart Home Gym, here.
- The AI technology is like having a personal trainer to safely guide you through workouts and encourage you to progress over time. No need to rack your weights, it adjusts for you.
- You can perform over 170 moves with the two adjustable steel arms that provide up to 100 lbs of resistance each.
- The weight gives you resistance throughout the rep and allows you to train your entire body.
- It’s compact, yet highly functional with its minimal design, yet impressive features.
- A monthly subscription is required to access the workout content and all of Tonal’s technology features like Spotter Mode and Form Feedback.
- It must be mounted into studs on a wall that’s high and large enough by their professionals. It might not be best for renters and low-ceiling homes.
- Fully-mounted smart gym system
- Perform around 200 moves to work your upper and lower body
- Intelligent AI technology provides form correcting feedback, weight adjustments, and more
- Uses Adaptive weight that provides tension through the entire rep by removing inertia
- Unlimited user-profiles and guided workouts with the monthly membership
- Smart accessories sold separately
- Bluetooth enabled
- 15W Stereo speakers to play Apple Music and Amazon Music
- 24” touch screen interactive display
- Footprint: 21.5” W x 50.9” H
- 2 adjustable arms
- 100 lbs of resistance per arm
- Recommended 7’ of wall and floor space during use
- Professional delivery and installation
- 30-day home trial
- Warranty: 3-years
2. NordicTrack Vault Workout Mirror
The NordicTrack Vault features a 32” touch screen that is built into the reflective mirror. We like the Vault because it uses iFit which has a large database of trainer-led classes. You can take workouts that use equipment like resistance bands and dumbbells, or just your bodyweight. You can’t access iFit’s entire library of workouts on the Vault, but there’s enough content to keep you engaged. Plus, they add classes regularly and offer classes filmed outdoors on the Vault. iFit’s outdoor classes are our favorite and where the platform really shines.
The Vault comes in two options: complete and standalone. The complete version includes equipment like dumbbells, kettlebells, and resistance bands, while the standalone version is just the Vault itself. Although it doesn’t have sensors to track your positioning like other workout mirrors on this list, it offers a complete training experience in a compact design.
There is a large, metal frame that supports the Vault and keeps it from tipping over. It doesn’t need to be mounted to a wall and it takes up pretty minimal space. You just need to make sure you have enough space to work out in front of it. The reflective mirror is a door that opens to reveal shelves to hold the equipment, and it rotates so you can position it in multiple ways to see iFit’s classes.
You can learn more about the NordicTrack Vault at our full review.
- Follow along with iFit’s workouts on the touch screen built into the mirror while being able to see your form as well.
- It serves as a locker to store the included equipment or your own, to take up a small amount of space.
- The front mirror rotates so you can use the screen from multiple angles.
- iFit has a multitude of indoor and outdoor trainer-led workouts in a variety of disciplines to work your whole body and mind.
- It requires a membership to iFit to use.
- The included weights might not be enough weight for some users.
- Freestanding strength training system
- See yourself and the iFit instructor during your workout
- Vault Complete comes with 6 sets of dumbbells (5-30 lbs), 2 kettlebells (20 and 30 lbs), 3 resistance bands (20, 30, and 50 lbs), 3 resistance loop bands, an exercise mat, and 2 yoga blocks
- Provides vertical storage for included equipment or your own
- Comes with a 30-day free trial to iFit
- Bluetooth audio-enabled
- 2 3” digitally amplified speakers
- 32” rotating smart touch screen
- 61.5” x 22.5” pivoting reflective mirror
- Footprint: 72.65” H x 24.25” W x 14” D
- Steel frame
- Freestanding base
- Weight: 258lbs (in box)
- Warranty: 10-year frame, 2-year parts, and 1-year labor
3. Tempo Studio Fitness Mirror
The Tempo Studio is a solid contender to consider for your home space. It’s a smart gym and storage locker with included equipment all in one. The Tempo Studio has multiple packages of equipment to choose from when purchasing depending on your training level. It doesn’t need to be mounted to your wall, so it can work in a wider range of spaces as long as you have enough room to use it. Even when you purchase the largest package of equipment, everything can be stored inside, behind, and next to the Tempo when it’s not in use.
You can lift a surprisingly large amount of weight with the Tempo Studio. The largest package offers 75 lbs of weight plates, 1 25 lb barbell, 2 45 lb competition plates, 2 7.5 lb dumbbells, and 2 25 lb competition plates, among other equipment. What makes the Tempo even more impressive though is that it has smart technology to track your form. The “3D Tempo Vision” camera scans the weights to assess how much weight you’re using, counts your reps, and recommends weight for you to lift as you progress to keep your workouts efficient, yet safe.
The Tempo Studio has a large 42” touch screen to take thousands of workouts led by instructors. It isn’t exactly a mirror, like other options on this list, but the 3D camera serves to actually correct your form, and you can still see your reflection for the most part, on the large touch screen. Tempo offers a wide variety of classes led by their professional coaches. You can take strength, cardio, HIIT, yoga, core, and more. Plus, there are live and on-demand classes that feature a leaderboard to see how you rank against other members.
- The 3D vision and AI technology tracks and corrects your form and suggests weight to lift.
- The classes are led by engaging instructors to offer motivation and guidance. Plus, there’s a leaderboard to compete on.
- There are 3 different packages with different weight sizes for beginners, intermediates, and advanced users.
- It’s solid, yet stylish and freestanding to be placed anywhere that you have room to use it.
- It requires wifi and a subscription to get full functionality and access to the classes.
- Some of the additional equipment takes up a decent amount of space when you’re using it.
- 3D motion capture system
- Built-in storage for Tempo’s accessories
- Comes with options to choose from the starter, plus, and pro packages
- AI technology offers form feedback and weight recommendations
- Requires monthly membership to access the full library of classes
- Bluetooth enabled
- 60w stereo speakers
- 42” HD touch screen
- 61.5” x 22.5” pivoting reflective mirror
- Footprint: 2’2” W x 1’4” D up to 4’2” W x 1’4” D (Depending on the package)
- Frame: high tensile aluminum
- Freestanding base
- Weight: 100lbs (unloaded)
- Free 30 day risk-free trial
- Warranty: 3-year limited warranty
4. The Mirror By Lululemon
The Mirror from Lululemon is perfect for minimalists. It’s sleek, reflective, and can be either leaned against the wall or mounted to it. This makes it perfect for a wider variety of users and homes. It fits any space and looks like a chic mirror when you’re not using it. Depending on your needs, The Mirror can be purchased by itself or with accessories like resistance bands and smart dumbbells in various sizes up to 35 lbs each.
The Mirror has a 43” LED display to show the trainer on the screen. It’s reflective so you can watch your form and follow along with the instructor, simultaneously. The Mirror has a monthly subscription that offers thousands of workouts all led by trainers. You can take them live or on-demand, and they’re accessed from The Mirror app on your device. The Mirror syncs to your device to display the content on the screen.
We’re impressed with how many classes The Mirror has to offer. The library has search features to find a specific class. You can see previews of each class on The Mirror and in the app on your phone or tablet. If you use the camera, you can let other users see you during class. You can see them as well if they have their camera turned on.
- There is a wide range of live and on-demand classes that let you see the trainer on the screen, as well as your reflection, during your workouts.
- It is perfect for all spaces because it comes with a stand or can be mounted to the wall. It also has a small footprint.
- There is a range of settings in the app to customize your class options.
- It is great for bodyweight workouts, or you can purchase additional equipment to use with it.
- The display isn’t a touch screen, so you have to pair your personal device using the app to see the classes on The Mirror.
- It requires a monthly subscription to use the entire library of content.
- It comes with a sleek stand or can be mounted to the wall
- Sync the app on your device to the LED screen
- Accessories and packages are available at an additional cost
- 5-megapixel front-facing camera
- Requires a monthly subscription
- Bluetooth enabled
- Pairs with Apple Watch and Android Wear OS Watches for heart rate tracking
- 4 x 15W high-fidelity stereo speaker system
- 43” LED display
- Footprint: 56” H x 22.4” W x 1.4” D
- Carbon steel frame
- Weight: 70 lbs
- Free installation and delivery
- 30-day free trial
- Warranty: 1-year included warranty
5. ProForm Vue Workout Mirror
Another workout mirror that comes with accessories is the ProForm Vue. It’s a more affordable option than others on this list yet it also provides an interactive workout experience. Like the NordicTrack Vault, the Vue is enabled with iFit on the 22” touch screen. iFit offers total body training and a wide variety of classes led by instructors. You can take classes filmed in studios and locations all around the world. The mirror shows your reflection and the built-in screen displays the iFit trainer so you can follow along. The Vue doesn’t track your positioning though.
The mirror pivots to each side, making it accessible to view the content from multiple angles. The Vue comes with a 10 lb barbell, 2 5 lb dumbbell bars, and 4 2.5 lb weight plates. This lets you adjust the barbell and dumbbells to sizes that work for you. These accessories hang on the back of the mirror, so they can be stored out of sight. You could also use your own equipment if you need a bit more weight, although the storage on the back of the Vue might not hold your personal equipment.
The ProForm Vue is a freestanding system that isn’t mounted to the wall. It has a metal frame and base that makes it feel solid and keeps it upright and steady. The Vue is perfect for all spaces. Plus, the speakers are loud and clear to hear iFit’s classes well. iFit is also enabled on other equipment like treadmills and exercise bikes, so if you have more than one iFit-enabled machine, you only need one subscription.
Check out our review of the ProForm Vue.
- It uses iFit to provide guided workouts that are filmed indoors and outdoors that you can view all while seeing your positioning on the reflective mirror.
- It looks sleek and provides storage for the included accessories.
- The screen clearly displays iFit’s workouts and can be pivoted to view the content from multiple angles without having to move it completely.
- It is perfect for following along with guided workouts.
- The included weights might not give enough resistance for some users.
- A subscription to iFit is required to use the machine.
- Freestanding reflective mirror
- View your form while seeing the iFit instructor during your workout
- Comes with a 10 lb barbell, 2 5lb dumbbells, and 4 2.5 weight plates
- 30-day free trial to iFit included
- Bluetooth headphone compatible
- 2 3” speakers
- Heart rate monitor sold separately
- 22” touch screen
- 24” x 60” pivoting reflective surface
- Footprint: 72.65 H x 24.25” W x 14” D
- Freestanding metal base
- Warranty: 2-year frame, 1-year parts, and labor
6. Fiture Workout Mirror
The Fiture is a newer smart workout mirror on the market. It’s sleek and can be mounted to your wall or leaned against it, and comes in five different colors to coordinate with the decor in your home. It reminds us of The Mirror because it looks and functions similarly. To keep you from smudging the mirror, you connect your device to the Fiture App to control the Fiture mirror. There are also buttons on the side to turn it on and off and control the volume level.
The Fiture has a 43” touchscreen embedded into the mirror so you can see the instructor and your reflection. As you’re following along with each trainer in the workouts, there are form correction tips that display on the screen, if you need them. What’s really impressive about the Fiture is that it has a “Motion Engine” technology that can track and count your reps, movements, and pace. It also tracks your performance so you can work on improving your fitness level and crushing your workout goals. The Fiture also has “Advanced Gesture Control” that lets you start a new workout without having to use your device.
The Fiture App has a wide variety of class types that use your bodyweight and limited equipment like resistance bands and dumbbells. There are programs of classes that you can take over the course of a few weeks, as well as over 100 workouts to choose from. Although the library isn’t as robust as other fitness platforms we’ve tested, Fiture is constantly adding new classes to grow its library.
- “Motion Engine” technology tracks your movement to provide feedback in real-time as you work out and you can use the gesture control to start classes without using your device.
- There is a wide selection of classes and programs ranging from HIIT, strength, stretching, yoga, boxing, barre, and more.
- It is lightweight and slim to take up minimal space but looks chic wherever you place it in your home.
- The 43” touchscreen displays the content and your reflection when in use, and looks like a regular mirror when not in use.
- The class library and selection of instructors is more limiting than other platforms, but classes are being added regularly.
- You have to use your personal device to access the library of classes and control the workout mirror.
- It can be mounted to or leaned up against a wall
- See your reflection and the instructor on the screen
- Has Motion Engine technology to track your position, performance, count your reps, pace, and provide feedback
- Gesture Control allows you to start a new workout without having to use the app on your device
- Requires a membership to access the library and to get up to 6 profiles
- 2 Speakers
- Bluetooth Connectivity
- Magnetic Camera Cover
- Connects to Apple Watch for heart rate tracking
- 43” touch screen
- 24” x 60” pivoting reflective surface
- Footprint: 68 H x 23” W x 1.6” D
- Product Weight: 60 lbs
- Free delivery and installation
- Warranty: 1-year for the screen, frame, hardware components, and labor
6. Honorable Mention: Echelon Reflect Touch Mirror
Rounding out our list as an honorable mention is the Echelon Reflect Touch. This workout mirror mounts to your wall to sit almost flush with it. It weighs 52 lbs so it will need to be secured into studs. It’s sleek and reflective to show yourself and the instructor. The 32” display is a touch screen where you can access Echelon’s live and on-demand classes. There are classes like strength, meditation, kickboxing, pilates, core, cardio, stretching, yoga, and tone. Echelon offers indoor, studio classes that are also available on their other equipment like exercise bikes and treadmills.
The Echelon Reflect Touch comes by itself, so you can just do bodyweight workouts or use your own free weights. Echelon offers some training equipment a la carte on their site, too. It’s a little bit more of a bodyweight-focused machine than some others on this list, though.
It has a really minimal, yet sleek look that’s bound to fit any home decor. Beyond a secure wall, all you need is enough room to work out in front of it, so it’s perfect for smaller spaces.
Find out more about the Echelon Reflect Touch Mirror, here.
- It looks like a mirror hanging on your wall and takes up a small amount of space.
- Echelon offers a wide range of studio classes so you can work your entire body.
- It’s best for beginners or those looking to use little or no equipment, like free weights.
- You can stream live workouts to take with other members and follow along with various instructors.
- It requires a subscription to use.
- It must be mounted to a wall but doesn’t come with installation to assist with this.
- Mounts to the wall
- Follow along with the instructor while viewing your form on the reflective glass
- Live and on-demand classes are available with a subscription
- Bluetooth audio compatible
- Built-in speakers
- 32” touch screen display
- 50” reflective glass
- Footprint: 50” H x 20” W x 2” D
- Weight: 52 lbs
- Warranty: 12-month limited parts and labor warranty
What To Consider When Buying A Workout Mirror
Now that you’ve had a look at our recommendations, let’s help you figure out which fitness mirror is right for you. We suggest taking the following factors into consideration when purchasing a workout mirror for your home.
Your Home Space
Even though they take up much less space than traditional home gyms, not all workout mirrors are best for all spaces. Yes, they’re compact, sleek, and stylish to look great pretty much anywhere, some have different installation requirements than others. There are ones that have to be mounted to the wall by professionals, so these fitness mirrors might not work for those who are renting their homes.
There are others that are freestanding, yet heavy and challenging to move. Some workout mirrors come with optional equipment but no storage to place said equipment out of sight when you’re not working out. So, your workout mirror might end up requiring more room to use than expected. It’s important to measure out your space and check the manufacturer’s space requirements before purchasing.
Your Equipment Preference
Another factor to consider is, how do you like to work out? What are your goals? Do you like to do body-weight exercises, or use free weights? Are you new to strength training or are you looking to lift a large amount of weight? Could you benefit from AI technology to correct your form? Each workout mirror is different, so you’ll need to find one that aligns with what you’re looking for.
Finally, an important factor is the subscription content. Workout mirrors offer trainer-led workouts and content to follow along with. They also typically require a monthly fee to access these classes and use all of the smart gym’s features. The content is what will help keep you engaged and motivated to keep showing up in front of your fitness mirror. We suggest looking into the types of classes offered before purchasing since they are a large part of the overall experience that you’ll get using your workout mirror.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a workout mirror?
A workout mirror is a sleek piece of exercise equipment that’s often either reflective like a mirror and/or comes with built-in smart technology to track your form. They usually look like a mirror or a TV and are either freestanding or mounted to the wall. They’re made to display workout content that you can follow along with while watching your form. Some come with additional equipment like dumbbells to be more like a compact smart home gym.
What is the best workout mirror?
We’ve named the Tonal the best workout mirror. It works as a complete home gym packed into a sleek, compact design. It has impressive technology that adjusts your weight, corrects your form, tracks your progress, and more.
Are fitness mirrors worth it?
Fitness mirrors are definitely worth it. They take up minimal space, especially compared to traditional home gyms. They often require a few feet rather than an entire room in comparison. They can allow you to strength train at home, and some offer built-in features to help keep you safe. They’re really like having a personal trainer guiding you through workouts on a screen.