Horizon Fitness 7.4 vs 7.8

Hi. I watched your review of the Horizon Fitness 7.8. However, I am trying to decide between the 7.4 and 7.8. There seem to be very few differences: slightly less powerful motor 3.5, slightly lower weight capacity 350, and a slightly smaller blue backlit screen. I'm trying to decide if it is really worth $400 for those small differences. Am I missing something? Thoughts?

Scott

Hi Scott. You're right, they're very similar. I think it will just come down to how much you're planning on using it? What kind of use do you want it for? If you want to use it heavily, say everyday for over an hour while running at high speeds, or if you have roommates/family members that also want to use it regularly, then you might want to get the 7.8. Both treadmills can handle running and larger users, you might just get a bit more out of the 4.0 CHP motor if you're planning on using the treadmill heavily. 

• Like 1

Hi Sydney,

Our use would be my wife and I exercising 3 to 4 times per week for probably 30 min each. We will probably never run super fast as we are 50. But we do want to be in better shape. We would probably start with the 5k training program and then move up to sprint 8 eventually.

Thanks for your input and time Scott