*TreadmillReviewGuru helps consumers find the best home fitness products. When you buy a product we recommend, we may earn a commission.
Last Updated: March 15, 2022
In this Review, we’ll look at the new Bowflex Treadmill 22. The Bowflex treadmill 22 offers some impressive features including a searing 20% incline and lovely 22” touchscreen. The incline allows you to target more posterior muscles with hill work and increase calorie burn significantly. The Bowflex 22 also has a 22” wide by 60” long-running surface with Comfort Tech cushioning. This track descends to -5% which is a steeper descent than comparative folding treadmills. One of the most impressive features on the Bowflex 22 is the 400lb weight capacity. This is an impressive maximum weight for a folding treadmill.
Who It’s For: Those looking for a quality Bowflex treadmill with advanced incline and decline
The Bowflex 22 is best for users who:
- Want something with all the bells and whistles
- Have room for a large machine – even when folded this takes up a bit of space
- Are willing to pay for the monthly JRNY app
- Want a treadmill with extra cushioning and a large deck surface
- Plan to train intensely or for distance events
- Enjoy sprints and HIIT workouts
- Appreciate the folding option to reduce floor space
- Comfort Tech Cushioning and 22” x 60” Commercial Tread Belt
- The 22 treadmill has Bowflex’s Comfort Tech cushioning which absorbs some of the shock from walking or running on the deck. This reduces strain on your joints and spine as you exercise. The 22” wide and 60” long belt also provides plenty of space for either walking or jogging.
- 20% Incline and 12 MPH Speed
- The 22 inclines to 20% so you can work uphill when needed. The 12mph max speed should also provide enough range for most users.
- -5% Decline
- The Bowflex 22 declines lower than other treadmills with a negative -5% grade for downhill training or recovery work. While you won’t want to stay at a decline, the option provides additional training options for both uphill and downhill work.
- 400 Lb. User Capacity
- The 22 supports up to 400lbs, so people of all sizes can use this treadmill. This is an impressive weight capacity for a folding treadmill.
- Soft Drop Folding System
- The 22 does fold up, so you can fold it upright and move it out of the way when you’re not using it. It also has the Soft Drop folding system so the deck is supported by a hydraulic assist as it descends gently to the floor.
- 85″ L x 39.6″ W x 70″ H Footprint when open
- 44” L x 39.6” W x 70” H Footprint when folded
- Max weight capacity: 400lbs
- Treadmill weight: 336lbs
- Minimum ceiling height + 21” (user height + 53.3cm)
- Speed and Incline knobs
- Heart rate hand grips
- Built-in Media Shelf
- Comfort Tech deck cushioning
- Adjustable HD touchscreen
- Treadmill weight: 336lbs
- Bluetooth HR armband
- 12mph Max Speed
- -5% decline to 20% incline
- SoftDrop Folding system
- JRNY Subscription required
- 22” Touchscreen
- HR Sensor grips
- QuickTouch buttons for speed and incline
- Two cup holders
- Extra storage tray
- 15 Year Frame & Motor
- 5 Years Mechanical Parts
- 1 Year Electronics
- 2 Years Labor