Want to lose fat and get your heart fit? What about shaving a few minutes off of your mile time and gaining endurance? Or, let’s keep it real, wouldn’t you simply like to climb up a few flights of stairs without wheezing? If your answer is “Heck yeah!” then get ready to lace up your sneakers, because there’s no better exercise than walking, jogging, running or sprinting to get you feeling fit and fabulous.
Running outside can have its perks if you live in the right place. There’s fresh air, pretty scenery, (and maybe you’ll even pass someone cute while doing laps!). That being said, there are plenty of people who can’t run outside due to weather, safety, or overly-crowded sidewalks. Before you give up and drown your sadness in a bucket of french fries, check out the great treadmill options reviewed in this article.
- 1 Why Buy a Treadmill?
- 2 Types of Treadmills
- 3 Finding Perfect Treadmill: Factors to Consider
- 4 Best Treadmills of 2019 – Our Experts Top Picks
- 4.1 1. NordicTrack Commercial 1750 Treadmill
- 4.2 2. ProForm Pro 2000 Treadmill
- 4.3 3. Sole Fitness F80 Folding Treadmill
- 4.4 4. NordicTrack Commercial x22i Incline Trainer/Treadmill
- 4.5 5. NordicTrack T 6.5 S Treadmill
- 4.6 6. ProForm SMART Power 1295i Treadmill
- 4.7 7. Sole Fitness F63 Treadmill
- 4.8 8. Horizon Fitness T101-04 Treadmill
- 4.9 9. ProForm Performance 600i Treadmill
- 4.10 10. Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill
- 5 Bottom Line: Cost and Features Make or Break Which is the Best Treadmill for You!
Why Buy a Treadmill?
Buying a treadmill means no more working out in a sweaty, crowded gym, or having to change in those funky-smelling locker rooms. No more dodging piles of dog waste on the sidewalk. And no more close-calls with drivers not paying attention while you’re out for a morning jog.
Plus, treadmills aren’t just a one-trick pony. You can switch up your workouts to include a variety of cardio that includes walking, jogging, sprinting and running. Commit to that combo and nothing will stop you from losing weight, improving your heart health, gaining muscles, and increasing your endurance!
Moreover, you can also talk on the phone, work on your PC or Laptop, and watch television while working out on the treadmill at home. As multitasking is possible with the treadmill, your exercise becomes more fun and appealing.
Are you getting pumped? Great! We’ve put together a list of the best treadmills available in 2019. But, before we break down each model, we’ll briefly go over the different types of treadmills to help you make an informed purchase decision.
Types of Treadmills
There are two different types of treadmills: manual treadmills, and motorized treadmills. The key difference is in the motor. Namely, a manual treadmill doesn’t have one, and motorized treadmills do. (Pretty simple, right?)
To help you better understand which treadmill is best for your situation, we have subdivided treadmills into three different categories which are as follows:
Budget Folding Treadmills
Budget folding treadmills are less expensive and can get great options for those wanting to simply walk or jog lightly at home. As the name indicates, these treadmill can be folded and set to the side of your room (or inside a walk-in closet if you have the space).
On the flip side, with budget-level treadmills (generally around $600 or less), consumers compromise on the quality and features of the product. With budget level models you won’t typically find hi-tech features such as video-enabled touch screen monitors and advanced heart-rate monitoring. They are also generally made of lighter, less durable materials.
- Take up less space.
- Great for walking and jogging.
- Lower quality parts and materials
- Less durable
- Lower weight capacities (typically under 250 lbs)
- Smaller deck sizes, making it hard for taller people and those who drift a little while running to not step on the edges of the machine
Folding treadmills are not just budget level – you can find some very sturdy, high-end models as well. Moving up from the budget folding models you will find more (and better) features, more technology, and better build quality.
One of the biggest reasons you might want to consider spending more around the $1,500 level is the ability to do intense workouts. From walking and jogging to all-out sprints, you will be able to get in a great workout on these treadmills. In addition, standard technology includes bluetooth, wifi connectivity, heart rate monitoring via chest strap and handles, and larger displays.
- Don’t take up a lot of space
- Great for walking, jogging, AND running
- Great build quality (depending on the model and brand, of course)
- Still fairly budget-friendly (many companies offer 0% financing as well)
- More expensive than budget-level treadmills
Non-Folding Treadmills are typically built for those who need a higher weight capacity, don’t need to have a folding option, and want a treadmill that is very stable and powerful.
Sturdy decks, frames, and a large running surfaces are some of the features you should look for in a good non-folding treadmill.
You will very often find non-folding treadmills being used at places like gyms, hotels, clubhouses, etc. There are also some consumer/home models available from brands such as Sole.
- A rough and tough choice for frequent runners
- Heavy duty commercial grade motor (depending on the manufacturer and price point)
- Higher weight capacities
- Good warranty
- Can be quite expensive, especially for a gym-level model
- Not portable, can’t be moved easily
- Take up a lot of space
- Not necessarily more sturdy that a similarly priced folding option
Finding Perfect Treadmill: Factors to Consider
The task of finding the perfect treadmill to suit one’s needs is a real challenge. Most people assume that finding a treadmill is an easy task, but this is far from the truth. In order to make this task of yours easier, our Treadmill Review Guru team has provided below the main factors that one should consider while buying a treadmill:
Do You Want to Run, Jog, Sprint, or Cross-train (or do all 4)? This is the first question you need to answer before you purchase a treadmill. We see all the time consumers purchase a cheaper treadmill thinking that they will be able to sprint on it because of some random Amazon review that said so. Don’t fall for that trap – identify what your needs are, and then go from there. That’s why we’ve broken down our treadmills in to needs-based categories below. And remember, budget treadmills are meant for walking, jogging, and light use – not training for your upcoming Boston marathon 🙂
How Much Do You Want to Spend?Now that you know your need/purpose for the treadmill, the next step is to set your budget. It’s easy to get carried away, but it’s also easy to not spend enough. What do we mean by that? If you don’t buy a treadmill that will help you achieve your goals, then you are not going to use it. If you overspend, then you are going to create even more stress and that stress is going to negatively affect your health.
Where Is the Treadmill Going to Go?This is the third question you need to ask yourself. If you have a dedicated area and can leave the tread platform down 100% of the time, then we’d recommend looking at a non folding option, like the NordicTrack incline trainers. However, if you are someone who needs to be able to keep your treadmill in a small space, or just like the idea of not having a 3’ x 6’ area dedicated to the treadmill, then a folding option is your best bet.
Running Surface Area – It’s one of the first features to consider, especially if you are a tall person with long-running stride, or if you heal strike. Look for a treadmill with a large deck area (at least 55 inches long and 20 inches wide). Ideal size is 60 inches by 22 inches – you will be surprised at how much difference the extra 2” make on the width.
Motor Size – The more powerful the motor, the longer the treadmill will last and the better it will perform at high speeds.
Technology – A treadmill is an investment, and it’s an investment that you want to make sure gets used routinely. Technology such as bluetooth/WiFi connectivity, large touch-screens, USB ports, heart rate monitoring, enhanced running programs, and other features enhance your workout and push you to train harder.
Construction Quality and Durability – You want to purchase a treadmill that will last a long time. Look for a treadmill with a good weight capacity, as that is an indication of how well built the machine is. You also want a treadmill that won’t require you to replace parts and that is backed by a good warranty (by good we mean a warranty that is longer than 1-2 years and is honored by the manufacturer). One reason we recommend to purchase your treadmill online is because you can purchase direct from the manufacturer so you don’t have to go through the customer service of your local sporting goods store if you do have warranty issues.
Manufactures Quality and History – One of the first things you should consider when buying a treadmill is the quality of the manufacturer. How long has the company been making treadmills, and what do people say about their products?
Sneak Peak of Best Treadmills:
Best Treadmills By Category and Need
Best Treadmills for Runners
- NordicTrack 1750 Treadmill
- ProForm Pro 2000 Treadmill
- Sole Fitness F80 Folding Treadmill
- NordicTrack x22i Incline Trainer
Best Treadmills for Home Use
Best Treadmills for Lower Budgets
Best Treadmills of 2019 – Our Experts Top Picks
Here is the list of top picks for best treadmills of 2019 by Treadmill Review Guru – you can’t go wrong with any treadmill on this list.
The NordicTrack Commercial 1750 treadmill is the perfect treadmill for anyone looking to walk, jog, or run, and get an intense workout at home. It comes with a powerful 3.75 CHP smart-response motor that is strong enough for tough workouts. Whether you are wanting to train indoors during cold months for the Boston marathon, or want to get in a quick 30 minute run while the baby is asleep, the NordicTrack 1750 is a great machine.
The NordicTrack 1750 is also the best selling treadmill for the past several years, and for good reason. It is the entry level machine into NordicTrack’s ‘Commercial’ series line of home treadmills.
We rank it number 1 for the following reason: Bang for your $$$. At under $1,800 you get the power you need to train hard enough for a marathon. With iFit built in (and free for an entire year), you get the technology that makes running and working out fun!
In addition, you can get the 1750 with 0% financing for 36 months. I don’t typically recommend financing things (I didn’t even finance a car until I was 35). However, when you finance through NordicTrack you also get 2 additional years of free iFit membership – meaning you won’t have to pay for iFit for 3 years! Click here to see latest pricing and details.
Click here to read our detailed review of “NordicTrack Commerical 1750 Treadmill”.
- 10” High Def Touchscreen
- iFit enabled
- Bluetooth Audio
- 2 3” speakers
- NordicTrack’s Runners Flex Cushioning
- 2 ‘Auto Breeze™’ workout fans
- EKG pulse grip + chest strap monitor included
- OneTouch™ controls
- 50 on-board workout programs
- Small footprint due to SpaceSaver™ design and EasyLift™ assist
- 22” x 60” commercial tread belt
- 3.75 CHP DurX™ Commercial Plus motor
- 300 lbs capacity
- 2.5” precision balanced rollers (for quiet, balanced running experience)
- Footprint: 78.8” L x 39.2” W x 63” H
- Warranty: Lifetime (frame and motor); 5 years (parts and electronics), 2 year (labor)
- 0-12 MPH Speed
- -3 to + 15% decline/incline range
The ProForm Pro 2000 is the entry level treadmill in ProForm’s ‘Pro Series’, and is a great option for anyone:
- Need a treadmill fit intense running/training
- Looking to spend less than $1,500 on a home treadmill
- Want the ability to have access to the iFit technology and classes
Given the ProForm Pro 2000’s price, we were very close at rating this our top treadmill overall, so if budget is a concern then we would absolutely recommend the 2000. In addition to the great price, ProForm is currently offering zero percent, 18 month financing – making this a super good deal for anyone who wants to cancel their gym membership and start working out at home instead.
The ProForm Pro 2000 comes with a powerful 3.5 CHP Mach Z™ motor (gotta love all the different names manufacturers give to the different motors). It also has a great running deck that’s 22” x 60”, and can support people up to 300 lbs. As such, it’s built perfectly for runners who are looking for more intense training (long jogging, hard running, sprinting).
The only reason we didn’t give the ProForm 2000 our top pick is because first, we do like the feel of running on the 1750 just slightly more (and by slightly, we mean very slightly). Second, the tech (touch screen, fans, etc.) on the 1750 are just a little better as well. However, beyond those two elements you will actually find a lot in common between the ProForm Pro 2000 and the NordicTrack 1750. There are of course other slight differences, but overall you can’t go wrong if you want to save around $400 and purchase the Pro 2000.
Click here to read our detailed review of “ProForm Pro 2000 Treadmill”.
- iFit enabled (and included free for first year) + 50 built-in workout programs to provide you with the variety to work on high-intensity training, speed goals, incline training and to burn calories in ways you may have never experienced before. With iFit, you can enjoy high-definition workout videos, unlimited variety of workout programs, workout programs tailor-made by top fitness trainers like Jillian Michaels, virtually exercise with a celebrity personal trainers, compete against other iFit members, get personalized diet advice and create personalized workouts.
- The 7” HD display that keeps track of your workout data and displays information such as speed, distance covered, heart rate, calories burned and time elapsed.
- Quick incline/ decline control with settings from -3 to 15% to target muscle groups and result in burning of more calories.
- ProShox™ cushioning system aims to lower the impact of training on joints and provides comfort so that no matter how hard you go on this treadmill, in the end, you will feel less pain as compared to running on asphalt.
- iPod/ MP3 compatible sound system consisting of two 3” digitally amplified long-throw speakers with digital volume control.
- Motor: 3.5 CHP
- Decline/Incline: -3% to +15%
- Speed: 0-12 MPH
- Dimensions: 39.15” Wide x 79” Deep x 71.4” Tall
- Folding: Yes.
- Running Area: 22″ W x 60″ L
- Max. User Weight: 300 lbs
The Sole F80 treadmill is designed to provide you with a commercial-grade workout experience at home. We love how sturdy Sole treadmills are and the F80 is no exception. If you are looking for a treadmill that’s easy to operate, doesn’t get super tech-heavy, and just works, then this is your machine.
Being a folding treadmill with the EasyAssist option, it can easily be folded and stored after you are done with your workout session. The Sole F80’s 3.5 CHP commercial grade motor is very powerful and easily supports intense running workouts – even when inclined to the 15% max level.
Not being super tech heavy is a plus for some consumers, as we find many people just wanting a treadmill that they can jump on, push an actual button, and start running. The Sole F80 provides this with it’s numerous built-in workout programs, physical buttons to adjust speed and incline levels, and an excellent build quality.
The F80 treadmill by Sole also offers quality cushioned running deck that reduces joint impact up to 40% vs running on asphalt (although we would say that the cushioning is not as good as what we find with the NordicTrack runners flex cushioning). The F80 comes with a lifetime warranty on frame, motor and deck, 5 year warranty on parts, and 2 years warranty on labor.
Click here to read our detailed review of “Sole Fitness F80 Treadmill”.
- 10 pre-defined workout programs available including six classic workout programs, two heart programs, and two custom programs.
- A 7.5-inch LCD display to display your workout progress in terms of speed, distance covered, calories burned, heart rate and time elapsed.
- Automated incline up to 15% to add more intensity to your workout sessions.
- CushionFlex whisper desk shock absorption system present to reduce the impact by up to 40% on joints and muscles.
- Reversible deck to absorb the sound of each step and let you have a noise free workout.
- Being Bluetooth enabled, it can easily connect to fitness apps and your smartphone.
- iPod/ MP3-compatible sound system to keep you entertained during workout sessions.
- Motor: 3.5 CHP
- Incline: 0-to-15%
- Speed: 0.5-12 MPH
- Dimensions: 80″ L x 35″ W x 58″ H
- Folding: Yes
- Running Area: 22″ W x 60″ L
- Max. User Weight: 375 lbs
- Treadmill Weight: 278 lbs
A powerful and impressive treadmill, the NordicTrack Commercial x22i Incline Trainer should appeal to users of all fitness levels.
One of the first things you notice with this incline trainer treadmill is that it is huge. You will want to be sure you have the room for a non-folding treadmill before you purchase the Commercial x22i. But, there is an excellent reason for its large size.
The NordicTrack x22i treadmill comes with a massive incline range for you to take advantage of when you workout. You can easily go from 0% incline level and range from -6% decline up to 40% incline. With the smooth, powerful 4.0 CHP DurX commercial plus motor that the NordicTrack Commercial x22i Incline Trainer comes with, you can easily move between incline levels and speeds with no problem.
You can even turn the speed to 1 MPH and use the x22i treadmill like a manual treadmill, as the sled grips and push bar are perfectly positioned to allow you to dig into your workout. Also, if you are looking to dig into workouts other than manual workouts, you have plenty of options when it comes to the Commercial x22i Incline Trainer.
There are 44 on-board workouts that come with the x22i Incline Trainer that will allow you to challenge your fitness and make the best use of the speed and incredible incline range. Along with these programs, you can also use the free year membership subscription to iFit Coach to push your health and fitness to greater heights.
If you haven’t heard of iFit Coach, then you are in for a treat when you buy the x22i treadmill. From the excellent 22” high-definition touchscreen that comes with this treadmill, you can access thousands of workout programs. Many of these programs have personal trainers leading you through beautiful areas during your workouts or you can use Google Maps to take a run along a new area virtually.
Click here to read our detailed review of “NordicTrack Commercial x22i Incline Trainer/Treadmill”.
- The x22i comes with a reinforced steel frame and is constructed along commercial lines which increases its durability.
- Push every workout to the next level when you use the massive incline range on the x22i that goes from -6% all the way up to 40%!
- Use the included iFit Bluetooth chest strap for accurate heart rate monitoring.
- Opt for one of the thousands of workout programs you can find on iFit Coach, as a free year membership is included in your purchase. There are also tons of other benefits to iFit Coach, ranging from health information tracking to motivating challenges.
- Along with iFit Coach, you will also have 44 built-in exercise programs to help you increase your fitness.
- The weight capacity on this treadmill is 300 lbs.
- With the Reflex cushioning, those at peak fitness and others who are recovering from injuries can comfortably use this treadmill.
- Motor: 4.0 CHP
- Incline: -6% to 40%
- Speed: 0.5-12 MPH
- Dimensions: 70.2” L x 39.6” W x 71.6” H
- Folding: No
- Running Area: 22” W x 60” L
- Max. User Weight: 300 lbs
- Treadmill Weight: 397
The NordicTrack T 6.5 S is one of the brand’s most affordable home treadmills and one of the best treadmills you can buy in this price range. It is well-built, reliable, and comes with solid features that will make your workout sessions more productive than ever before.
The T 6.5 S comes equipped with 20 built-in workout programs designed by NordicTrack to improve cardiovascular fitness and increase calorie burn. However, this particular model does not come equipped with iFit. Instead, you get more of a classic treadmill screen (5” backlit display). The treadmill is iFit compatible, so you can connect to iFit through your phone or tablet and use those workouts with the treadmill.
Other aspects of the NordicTrack 6.5 S that I like include a solid 2.6 CHP motor that allows for walking, jogging, and running workouts from 0 to 10 MPH. In addition, it comes with a 300 lb weight capacity – which is much higher than we typically see in this price range.
Easy lift technology makes it super easy to raise and lower the treadmill, and this particular model is very easy to move around by simply tilting the machine onto the 2 back wheels and rolling to wherever you need.
The handlebars of T 6.5 S come with Dual CardioGrip™ heart rate sensors, enabling you to easily monitor your heart rate during a workout. Its FlexSelect cushioning system allows you to personalize your workout experience with the capability to turn the cushioning on or off as per your desire. In addition, it also has an intermix acoustic sound system with iPod/ MP3 compatibility to play your favorite fitness playlist and keep you motivated.
This treadmill can be seen with a lifetime warranty for the frame, 25 -years warranty for motor and 1 – year warranty for parts and labor.
Click here to read our detailed review of “NordicTrack T 6.5 S Treadmill”.
- 20 pre-set workout programs designed by a certified personal trainer to improve your cardiovascular fitness, boost your metabolic rate, and burn fat.
- The 5-inch backlit LED display to track and display your workout progress regarding speed, time passed, distance covered, heart rate and calorie burn.
- Automated inclination up to 10% to burn more calories, activate and stimulate different muscle groups.
- iFit technology allows you to connect with Google Maps to provide you with a feel of actually walking, jogging or running somewhere outdoor along with numerous other additional program options.
- FlexSelect cushioning with on/ off function. When turned on, it provides a soft and cushioned surface to reduce the impact on your joints, knees, and back. When turned off, it provides a stiff surface to simulate an outdoor track.
- Intermix Acoustic Sound System consisting of dual 2-inch speakers and an audio port with iPod/ MP3 compatibility.
- Motor: 2.6 CHP
- Incline: 0 – 10%
- Speed: 0.5 – 10 mph
- Dimensions: 67.5″ L x 35.75″ W x 73″ H
- Folding: Yes.
- Running Area: 22″ W x 55″ L
- Max. User Weight: 300 lbs
- Treadmill Weight: 198 lbs
The ProForm SMART Power 1295i treadmill is an excellent balance of affordability and high-quality features. While it does not come with a touchscreen like many other ProForm’s SMART treadmills, the SMART Power 1295i has a 7” high-contrast display, with crisp bright blue lettering so that you can track your workouts.
Speaking of workouts, you will find 34 on-board exercise programs on the SMART Power 1295i to help you work towards your fitness goals. These programs offer a good variety of workouts such as calorie burn, speed, incline, mixed workouts, and high-intensity to provide you with plenty to choose from. If you want to branch out further, you are in luck because the SMART Power 1295i also comes with membership to iFit Coach for a year.
With a free year, you can use iFit Coach to enjoy a wide range of running workout programs that take you around the world, either with a virtual personal trainer or on your own. You can also access cross-training programs like kickboxing, boot camp programs, yoga, and more, all through iFit Coach.
As you engage in your workout, you can also enjoy the ProShox cushioning that comes with the SMART Power 1295i treadmill. This cushioning can help reduce the impact that walking, jogging, and running on the SMART Power 1295i can have on your bones and joints. With less jarring, it will be easier to face the next workout, rather than being too sore to get up the energy.
Click here to read our detailed review of “ProForm SMART Power 1295i Treadmill”.
- Comes with ProShox cushioning to reduce impact of using the SMART Power 1295i.
- Has a 7” high-contrast display where you can track your workout information.
- The speed range on the SMART Power 1295i goes from 0.5-12 MPH.
- Add extra challenge and calorie burning to your treadmill exercise with the SMART Power 1295i incline range of 0% to 12%.
- Use the hydraulic lift system on the SMART Power 1295i to help fold and unfold your treadmill.
- Has a treadmill belt area of 20” wide by 60” long.
- Sync your smart device audio with the SMART Power 1295i Bluetooth speakers.
- Comes with EKG grip pulse heart rate sensors in the forward handlebars.
- CoolAire Fan is located below the console so that the air cools your core effectively.
- Use either the 34 built-in workout programs or access thousands more through your free year membership to iFit Coach.
- Motor: 3.5 CHP
- Incline: 0% to 12%
- Speed: 0.5-12 MPH
- Dimensions: 81.4” L x 35.5” W x 66.9” H
- Folding: Yes
- Running Area: 20” W x 60” L
- Max. User Weight: 350 lbs
- Treadmill Weight: 225 lbs
The Sole Fitness F63 treadmill is currently the most affordable treadmill that Sole Fitness has available. However, its affordable pricing doesn’t mean that you should disregard the F63. On the contrary, the Sole F63 is an excellent treadmill for walkers and joggers, though it may not be the right treadmill for a regular runner.
You can find the basic Sole features on the F63, ranging from the Cushion Flex Whisper Deck technology to the 10 preset workout programs. Starting with the cushioning, the Cushion Flex Whisper Deck technology helps to reduce the impact of your body while you workout on the F63, helping to prevent injuries that tend to occur when working out on hard surfaces.
With the 10 preset workout programs, you can select and start six of these programs with the press of a button. Two of the other programs require you to wear the Sole Fitness heart rate monitoring chest strap that comes with the F63, as they are heart rate-based programs.
As for the last two exercise program spots, you can custom-build your own treadmill workouts to access later once you save them to these programmable spots. Also, with the ability to turn up the incline level from 0% up to 15%, you can turn even custom walking workouts into something that will help hone your fitness level.
As for the motor on the Sole F63, it is a good, 3.0 CHP motor, which is around where you want the motor strength to be when using a treadmill for walking, jogging, and occasional running. This treadmill may not have the strength for someone doing serious running training, but if your mileage is under 30 miles a week, the F63 can be a decent option.
Click here to read our detailed review of “Sole F63 Treadmill”.
- Users who weigh up to 325 lbs can use the F63 safely.
- The console comes with a 6.5” LCD screen that is white and backlit.
- Ten preset workout programs are included on the Sole F63.
- USB port is built into the console.
- Convenient spots like cup holders and a device shelf are available.
- The Sole F63 includes handlebar heart rate monitoring and an adjustable chest strap.
- There is a fan at the top of the treadmill console.
- Cushion Flex Whisper Deck technology comes with this treadmill.
- Treadmill belt measures 20” wide by 60” long.
- Welded steel treadmill frame.
- Easy Assist Folding Deck Design is included with the Sole F63.
- Can sync with Sole Fitness app for specialized control and workout tracking.
- The F63 has Bluetooth speakers.
- Motor: 3.0 CHP
- Incline: 0% to 15%
- Speed: 0.5-12 MPH
- Dimensions: 82” L x 35” W x 57” H
- Folding: Yes
- Running Area: 20” W x 60” L
- Max. User Weight: 325 lbs
- Treadmill Weight: 254 lbs
The Horizon Fitness T101 is a well-engineered yet less expensive treadmill made by Johnson Fitness. It’s one of the best-selling models in it’s price range, and is a great option if you are looking for a treadmill for walking or jogging. You can also do some running on it, but I wouldn’t recommend it if you are looking for more serious training (training for a marathon, etc.).
The Horizon T101 is built to impress with its sturdy construction, a decent range of workout programs, energy saver mode, and whisper-quiet operation. These features make it a great treadmill for casual home use.
The 2.25 CHP motor of T101 is very quiet and is powerful enough to power prolonged workouts in the 0.5 – 10 mph range. With an incline range that goes from 0 to +10%, you also have the ability to increase the intensity of your workouts and is a feature we don’t always find in this price range . The T101 also has Horizon’s “FeatherLight™” hydraulic lift system with two hydraulic shocks to assist you when lowering and raising the deck vertically for convenient storage.
Horizon T101-04 is equipped with an amazing range of workout programs (40 total) so that you never get bored and stay engaged throughout your workout sessions. It’s 3-zone Variable Response™ cushioning is also better than most other ‘cheap’ treadmills. No, the cushioning isn’t what you find on more expensive models. However, it is much more comfortable running on the Horizon T101 than it is running on the pavement.
Other key features I like about the Horizon T101 include the pulse grip heart rate sensors located on the treadmill’s handlebars. These are very easy to use, and have been very accurate at providing my heart rate in my testing. I also really like the MP3/iPod/Phone compatible audio jack that lets me play my favorite music or podcasts while I work out.
Lastly, this affordable, entry-level treadmill comes with a great warranty. There is a lifetime warranty on frame and motor, and a 1 year warranty on parts, labor, and cushioning.
With some of the other brands not offering treadmills in this price range any more, the Horizon T101 is a great buy for those looking for a cheap, yet very capable treadmill.
- 40 pre-set workout program options where you can choose from different goal workouts
- 0 to 10% incline for more intense workout options
- 3-Zone Variable Response Cushioning to provide you the ideal amount of flex and support through all phases of your stride.
- Quality 2.5 CHP motor
- External device holder (tablet, phone, etc.)
- Bluetooth connectivity to stream content (music, podcasts, shows) through treadmill speakers
- Easy raising and lowering of treadmill deck
- Motor: 2.5 CHP
- Incline: 0 – 10%
- Speed: 0.5 – 10 mph
- Dimensions: 70″ L x 34″ W x 55″ H
- Folding: Yes
- Running Area: 20″ W x 55″ L
- Max. User Weight: 300 lbs
- Treadmill Weight: 165 lbs
The ProForm Smart Performance 600i treadmill is an affordable treadmill that comes with some really great features and is very well built. If you are looking for a more affordable treadmill to walk, jog, or run on then you should consider the Performance 600i by ProForm.
One of the biggest selling points of the Smart version of the 600i is the technology that comes integrated with the treadmill. With a 10” HD, iFit enabled touchscreen you have the ability to train with one of the many iFit trainers all across the world from the comfort of your own home. From running in Hawaii, to jumping off the treadmill and doing a yoga workout, you essentially get your own personal assistant with iFit – and that comes included with the 600i. At this price point, that’s a great deal (also, right now iFit is free for your first year w/ purchase of the 600i).
Of course, all the great workouts that iFit offers don’t do much if the treadmill can’t keep up. That’s not the case with the ProForm Smart Performance 600i. With a 2.5 CHP “Mach Z” motor, a strong yet comfortable treadmill deck, 0-10 mph speed options, and 0% to +10% incline options you can get in a great workout with this machine. This is especially true given it price, and is the reason we ranked it as one of the best cheap treadmills for 2019. Just keep in mind, when we say ‘cheap’, we simply mean ‘affordable’, as in this treadmill won’t break your bank account or drain your wallet.
In terms of build quality, we are big fans of ProForm and really like the lifetime warranty on the frame, 25 year warranty on the motor (although I don’t get why they don’t just say lifetime warranty, as no one will return a motor after 24 years of use), along with a 2 year warranty on parts and a 1 year warranty on labor. The ProForm Smart 600i is also very easy to move, and is very easy to fold up and store with the EasyLift™ hydraulic system by ProForm.
Click here to read our detailed review of “ProForm Performance 600i Treadmill”.
- 50 built-in workout programs and iFit certified personal trainers to keep you motivated and help you achieve your maximum potential.
- The 10” HD touch screen is easy to read and use.
- Inclines up to 10% to add more resistance to your workout session so that you can burn more calories and increase muscle tone.
- iFit technology to provide you with a feeling of walking, jogging or running in the real-world by displaying different routes from Google Maps. Moreover, the incline of the treadmill adjusts automatically to match the route that you have selected. You can run anywhere in the world, just pick your route and get started!
- ProShox cushioning to reduce stress on your knees, ankles, joints, back and to provide you with comfortable walking, jogging or running experience.
- Built-in sound system consisting of dual 2” speakers and iPod/ MP3 compatible music port.
- Motor: 2.75 CHP.
- Incline: 0-12%.
- Speed: 0.5-12 mph.
- Dimensions: 79.62″ L x 36.63″ W x 59.25″ H.
- Folding: Yes.
- Running Area: 20″ W x 60″ L.
- Max. User Weight: 325 lbs.
- Treadmill Weight: 224 lbs.
The Weslo Cadence G 5.9 is one of the most popular cheap treadmills on the market today (by clicking the link above you’ll see it’s one of the best selling treadmills on Amazon). If you are someone looking for a good walking, jogging treadmill for your home and don’t need a lot of technology built-in then you should consider the Weslo G 5.9.
With a 16” x 50” treadmill deck, the G 5.9 is built primarily for those looking to walk and jog on their treadmill. The treadmill does allow you to go from 0 to 10 MPH, but we’d recommend keeping this more around the 5-6 MPH range given how narrow the tread belt is (at least, unless your running form is very tight and you are not prone to heal striking while running). We’ve had some success running at 10 mph on this machine, as the 2.5 CHP motor is more than capable. However, we also run on A LOT of treadmills and our form is pretty tight.
The main thing we like with the Weslo 5.9 is the price and the fact that he treadmill does come with some decent features for this price range. The main features we like are the 0 to 10 MPH range, the 2-position adjustable incline, and the 6 workout apps which were designed by a professional trainer. No, you don’t get the tech you find on other models like the ProForm 600i or the NordicTrack S 6.5, but you also don’t find this kind of price on those models, either.
If you are someone with a tight budget, but need a solid walking treadmill for your home, then you should consider purchasing the Weslo Cadence 5.9 treadmill.
Click here to read our detailed review of “Weslo Cadence G 5.9 Treadmill”.
- 6 built-in workout programs designed by a certified personal trainer to guide you towards your fitness goals, keeping you fit and healthy.
- The easy to read Blue-tinted LCD display to provide you with your workout progress in terms of speed, distance, time and calories burned.
- 2 positions manual inclination option (1.5% and 6%) to make your workouts more challenging and effective.
- Comfort Cell Cushioning to provide you with comfortable walking or jogging sessions by reducing the strain on your knees, joints, and back.
- Being compact and lightweight it can be moved from one place to another effortlessly.
- Motor: 2.25 HP.
- Incline: 2 – position manual incline.
- Speed: 0.5-10 mph.
- Dimensions: 64.5″ L x 29″ W x 55.5″ H.
- Folding: Yes.
- Running Area: 16″ W x 50″ L.
- Max. User Weight: 250 lbs.
- Treadmill Weight: 119 lbs.
Bottom Line: Cost and Features Make or Break Which is the Best Treadmill for You!
All the treadmills above are good options depending on your budget and needs. We hope that after “running through” the top 10 treadmill models for 2019, you’re feeling confident about which model hits the sweet spot between delivering all the features you want, and at a price that you can afford.
With that in mind, here are a few tips to help you have a better workout no matter which treadmill you choose:
- Start off slow to warm up your muscles, then gently increase your speed as your muscles start to comfortably loosen up.
- Once you’ve increased to jogging speeds, increase the incline to at least .5 to decrease the shock to your knees as each step lands.
- Are you looking to increase your cardiovascular health? If so, take shorter strides at a quicker speed to get your blood pumping.
- Are you more interested in developing muscle tone and endurance? Then stretch those stems out for longer strides (swinging your arms with each step if walking), to increase your fast-twitch fibers.
- If you start to experience lower back pain, you’re likely landing each step on your heel. Instead, switch sure that you’re striking down with the toe-ball of your foot to relieve discomfort.
- When you’re starting to feel fatigued, don’t just hit “Stop.” It’s important to cool down at a slow pace for five minutes to avoid any leg cramps. (And, of course, to revel in your awesome workout.)
The bottom line? Treadmills are a fantastic investment for anyone looking to get into (or keep up) their fitness levels. You can workout anytime you like, no matter the weather or traffic conditions outside, and even sneak in a few extra miles throughout the day. No matter which treadmill model you choose, your heart will thank you!
Best Treadmills Review 2019 By Our Fitness Experts
After reviewing more than 30+ treadmill brands and 90+ treadmills, our fitness experts have selected the 10 best treadmills of 2019 and have categorized them according to their features, durability, weight capacity, user interface and of course price to help you choose the right one according to your needs and budget range.