Are you willing to get rid of your back pain and strengthen those abdominal muscles?. Well, Nothing can be better than inversion therapy using an inversion table when it comes to effectively treating muscular pains and joint disorders. It can also help you enhance your posture, soothe your muscles, re-vitalize your organs, and improve your general health conditions.
That’s the only reason why inversion tables are becoming more popular and so many companies are taking advantage of the product’s popularity. These companies are manufacturing so many models on a daily basis thereby leaving potential customers confused.Though it has provided an opportunity for customers to have a lot of inversion tables to choose from but the main disadvantage of this is the inability of most buyers to choose the perfect one for their needs and within budget range.
So in order to help you out! In this article, after reviewing more than 15+ inversion table brands and 40+ inversion tables our fitness experts have listed the 5 best inversion tables based on safety, motion, comfort, durability, features, user interface & of course price. Along with the benefits of inversion table therapy and buyer’s guidance that highlights all the features you should consider before buying an inversion table, to help you choose the right one for yourself and within your budget range.
- 1 Introduction
- 2 Best Inversion Tables 2019 – Top Picks By Experts
- 2.1 Teeter EP-560TM Ltd. Inversion Table
- 2.2 IRONMAN Gravity 4000 Highest Weight Capacity Inversion Table
- 2.3 Innova ITM4800 Advanced Heat and Massage Therapeutic Inversion
- 2.4 Exerpeutic Inversion Table with Comfort Foam Backrest
- 2.5 Invertio Inversion Table – Back Stretcher Machine for Pain Relief Therapy
- 3 Benefits of Inversion Therapy
- 4 Finding Perfect Inversion Table: Features to Consider
- 5 Conclusion
Inversion therapy is a process that involves being tilted upside down at an angle to the horizontal. The body can be tilted from anywhere between 0 to 90 degrees to the horizontal with the head facing the floor and the feet tilting towards the ceiling.
This process is accomplished by hanging the body usually from the feet or ankles. The treatment is said to have therapeutic benefits to help with spinal decompression and traction. The decompression is achieved by the weight of the upper body pulling on the spine to help straighten out the spine.
People with sciatica or lower back pain are often recommended for inversion therapy using inversion table or chair. The use of an inversion therapy causes a 3 mm separation in between the lumbar vertebrae. This helps to ease the pain from a pinched nerve in the back, providing relief and reset of the spinal alignment.
Our top 5 best inversion tables include:
Best Inversion Tables 2019 – Top Picks By Experts
When it comes to inversion tables, we love Teeter. They are the brand that started the inversion table concept, and they continue to make the highest quality inversion tables on the market today.
We ranked the Teeter EP-560 as the best inversion table for 2019. Not only is the EP 560 built with the highest quality materials and tested to the highest industry standards, but also comes with several great features that help you get the most out of your inversion therapy.
With the EP 560 you get the following:
- UL tested and certified to the highest industry standards. Teeter tests their inversion tables for both endurance strength to make sure all their products will be safe and last.
- One of the most comfortable ankle locks in the industry. A lot of people complain that inversion tables hurt their feet. Not so with the Teeter EP-560.
- An inversion table that does exactly what it should do every time. Inverting on the EP-560 is very controlled, safe, and easy. One of the challenges with other inversion tables is figuring out the right balance point so you can get the most out of inversion therapy. This includes inverting at different angles, but also being able to teeter-totter back and forth between inversion angles. Teeter does a great job with all their products with this – and is one of the main reasons we rank the Teeter models so high.
- Great value for your $$$. Teeter does have a few inversion tables with more features, and if you can afford them then we highly recommend the upgrade. However, you get everything you need for safe, effective inversion therapy with the Teeter EP-560, and you do save some extra money vs their other models.
- 30 day in-home trial. You know a company stands behind their product when they are willing to offer you a 30 day in-home trial.
- 60-day money back guarantee. Please just TRY inversion therapy for 60 days. You will be amazed at the benefits, especially if you are a runner constantly compressing your body each day. Remember, there is no risk to this trial.
- Zero Cost Financing Options. This is pretty crazy that Teeter allows you to break your payments into 3 monthly payments vs making you pay for the entire inversion table up front.
- Free accessories (lumbar bridge, acupressure nodes, guides to help you with your inversion therapy).
The Teeter EP-560 is for those who suffer from back pain, sciatica pain, spinal degenerative joint disease, degenerative disc disease, and other back issues. Teeters machines have also been shown to help reduce the need for surgery by 70%!
Looking for inversion table with a high weight capacity? IRONMAN Gravity 4000 is the ideal choice for heavy individuals, who are interested in trying inversion therapy. As the name only suggests, this inversion table is quite famous for its high weight capacity. It is made up of high quality durable tubular steel frame with a scratch resistant powder coated finish and can support weight up to 350 lbs.
This inversion table is folding type product which can be folded and stored when not it use. Being a space saver it does not acts as a hindrance to room cleaning and can easily fit in your small home or apartment. It has dimensions of 49 x 26 x 65 (LxWxH) and it comes with many exciting features to provide safety and comfort to the user.
IRONMAN Gravity 4000 is a sturdy and strong inversion table and it weights about 75 lbs. Its backrest is covered with 2 ½ inches of padded Memory-foam vinyl adding extra cushion and comfort to the head and back. The double stitched vinyl side panels provide protection to the hands. It is equipped with tough rubber non-skid floor stabilizers for stability, enabling you to invert without any fear.
This model has extra long handles on the foot clamp for easy return to upright position and tether strap system for locking inversion angles. The IRONMAN Gravity 4000 advanced palm activated ratchet ankle locking system does not requires you to bend down as far to release the heel holders.
Moreover, Gravity 4000 has a removable head pillow attached to the backrest by Velcro and can be easily removed when not required. This product is easy to assemble and is available at an affordable price as compared to other types of inversion tables. It comes with 1 year warranty for frame and 90 days for parts.
Innova’s ITM4800 inversion table is among the latest modern inversion tables in the market. It is built using heavy duty steel tubing and any individual weighting up to 300 pounds can go for this product.
Innova ITM4800 has 4-position side inversion pin which allows you to control inversion range and adjust the table to any inversion position according to your comfortable without the use of old style strap. For this all you need to do is to place the pin in the desired decline position according to your comfort. It is equipped with isolated heat and vibration therapeutic massage feature which relaxes and heats the area of your body that you want to stretch out taking inversion therapy to another level.
Extra long soft foam contoured handles are provided on the foot clamp for easy return to the upright position. The cushioned foam cuff style rear ankle support pads provide support, protection and comfort for your feet during inversion. It has a removable head pillow which can be removed when not required. With its folding design it can easily be folded and stored when not in use.
All the features that are listed above make this inversion table one among one of the most therapeutic and advanced tables in the market. This inversion table is a must have if you want to feel what inversion therapy is all about. It has the therapeutic effect every user needs. Lastly, it is an affordable inversion table and the features it provides are worth the price as compared to other inversion tables that may not offer you up to half of the features it has.
Exerpeutic Inversion table features a deep burgundy color making it more appealing to eyes. It has a high quality 1.5-inch square steel frame with scratch resistant powder coated finish making it more durable. You don’t need to worry about the quality of this product as it is manufactured by Paradigm Health and Wellness Inc, which manufactures sturdy as well as affordable products.
Exerpeutic Inversion table weights about 55 pounds and it has a weight capacity of 300 lbs. It comes with foam vinyl covered backrest which provides comfort to the head as well as back. The backrest is easy to clean and does not allows you to slip or slide during inversion. With adjustable safety tether strap you can invert to any angle according to your comfort.
It has extra long heavy duty U-shaped safety handles that makes it easy to return yourself to an upright position. The table has foam rollers and ankle cushions with easy pull pin ankle system to hold your ankles firmly and provide maximum security. Being a folding table it can easily be folded and stored when not required. Another great thing about this product is that it arrives with fairly thin manual and tools inside for an easy assembly.
Cheaper than ordinary inversion tables, Inverto is equipped with a quite unique feature set. People tend to think of a fraud situation once they notice the low price, but this is not the case. Despite its cost, the makers of the product haven’t reduced its feature set. Its low cost and amazing feature set is what makes this product unique.
Invertio premium folding inversion table is built using 1-1/4” diameter ultra high-strength tubular steel and weights about 52 pounds. Unlike other inversion tables, this has 26-easy-to-use height adjustments and can support up to 250 lbs weight.
It comes with padded backrest and 8-position adjustable premium ankle support for a quick and perfect fit for any size user to hold ankles firmly, thereby providing comfort and protection during inversion. Because of its 3-position pivot joints you can easily control your inversion speed.
The handrails are well padded and 40 inches long to help you in easy and safe inverting and returning to the upright position. With the high-tensile strength limiting strap you can pre-set an exact desired inversion angle according to your comfort level.
This inversion table is non-skid and non-marring to provide stability during inversion, keeping itself fix and immovable. It can easily be folded and stored after use. Moreover it comes with 1 year warranty and anyone can assemble it easily within few minutes.
Benefits of Inversion Therapy
- Alleviates Back Pain
Inversion therapy through the use of inversion table, elongates the spine increasing the space between the vertebrae, which relieves the pressure on discs, ligaments and nerve roots. Less pressure means back pain relief.
A study has shown that people who suffer from back pain are more likely to get better if they perform inversion therapy compared to other ways of treatment. For instance, 78% of people who received physical therapy still had to perform a surgery, whereas from those who followed inversion therapy only 23% had to operate.
- Joint Pain Relief
Sometimes joints tend to experience stress after heavy workout sessions. This is where inversion therapy helps in reducing the build-up of excess stress on the joints. Hanging upside down elongates and stretches the muscles surrounding the joint area, thereby eventually reducing the pain. Moreover, there may be potential miss alignments caused due to one-sided activities like tennis. Inversion therapy eventually corrects any miss alignments that may have occurred. Also, people with arthritis can incorporate this therapy in their daily routine for a reduction in join pain.
- Detoxifies Lymphatic System
Hanging upside down detoxifies the lymphatic system by draining down toxic fluids and wastes. The fluid waste travels in one direction through the entire system. So, hanging upside down effectively stimulates the system and eliminates wastes like lactic acid which cause pain.
- Improves Blood Circulation
As we all know blood flows in one direction throughout the body due to gravity. By hanging upside down, the blood is better circulated. Due to better circulation, nutrients are able to reach throughout the body. Also, inversion therapy helps in decongesting the internal organs. Since inversion therapy promotes proper circulation across the body, the chances of developing varicose veins are also reduced significantly.
- Makes Breathing Easier
While standing in an upside down or an invert position the blood fills up your upper lungs, differently from its usual routine in which it fills your lower lungs. As a result, more oxygen is produced. Also, the diaphragm gets stronger when you invert so after performing inversion therapy for some time you will feel the change even in the way you breath.
Finding Perfect Inversion Table: Features to Consider
Nowadays companies are offering varying kinds of inversion tables thereby leaving the buyers confused. However, when deciding on an inversion table there are certain important features mentioned below that should be kept in mind.
- Construction Quality – How the equipment was constructed plays a very important role in making the right choice. Inversion table built using low quality material can result in some serious injuries while inverting that’s why inversion table designed using heavy duty steel framework must be preferred. It’s even better if it’s padded with a quality foam which provides comfort and protection to the sensitive areas of your body such as back, neck, and head.
- Stability – One should look for an inversion table that offers the best stability even when at 90-degree inversion.
- Hi-end Features – While investing good amount on inversion tables, users should look for at least some of the features like comfortable backrest, soft foam rollers and ankle cushions, inversion pin locking system etc. Inversion tables with hi-end features like isolated heat and vibration therapeutic massage are also preferable.
- Height & Weight Limit – It is important that the height and weight limits of the inversion table must be considered because it will keep the user safe and secure. A lot of tables out there support a height range from 4’10” to 6’6″, and body weight between 250 lbs to 350 lbs.
- Warranty Period – Regular usage of inversion table will undoubtedly wear out the table with time. However, products that have long warranty coverage must be preferred. This will protect buyers against defects caused on the manufacturer’s part.
- Manufactures History: One of the most important thing a buyer should consider while buying a inversion table is the manufacturer’s history. While analyzing the inversion table manufacturer’s details, one must look at how long the company has been producing inversion tables and what good things people have to say about their products.
The wondrous inversion therapy has been doing the rounds in promoting a healthy lifestyle for some time now. From easing off back pains, improving body posture and balance, reducing arthritis pain to promoting blood circulation and reducing stress levels, inversion therapy offers it all. The above-mentioned products come at an affordable price range and are tested by our fitness experts based on safety, motion, comfort, durability and features.
Safety precaution for all users of inversion tables: ‘if you are suffering from heart disease, high blood pressure, glaucoma that is, eyeball pressure, pregnancy and other crucial health conditions, please contact your doctor or physician before using inversion tables’. Moreover, you may need the assistance of one or two persons to guide you during inversion therapy sessions. You are advised to always read instructions on the machines before using them, especially if you are a beginner.