*TreadmillReviewGuru helps consumers find the best home fitness products. When you buy a product we recommend, we may earn a commission.
Last Updated: February 1, 2021
In this Spec Review, we’ll look at the new Stride treadmill from Echelon. The Echelon Stride is one of the most compact folding treadmills on the market. In fact it could be the slimmest folded treadmill we’ve seen. While the frame maintains its width side to side, when folded it collapses down to just 10” deep. You can rest it up against a wall or slide it behind or under a couch if needed. This makes the Stride a good option for anyone with limited space but who still needs a usable treadmill.
If you are someone who lives in a compact space, a functional compact treadmill is a valuable option. The folding feature of the Echelon Stride makes it so users with limited space can workout in the comfort and safety of their own home but still retain the open space they need. This treadmill has a respectable 55” by 20” walking surface, so while it certainly isn’t the largest, it’s not super small either. It also has a 12mph max speed which is plenty fast for HIIT and sprint work There is also a 10% incline. The unique console shelf has embedded buttons that light up to display your speed, setting, incline, etc. But it does not have a screen. Instead, users can set their tablet on the console shelf and it will sync with the Echelon app. This way you can watch Echelon classes on your tablet and get accurate metrics on the Stride. When finished, simply fold down the console shelf and the uprights, and the Stride collapses flat. Our biggest concerns with this machine are the 1.75HP motor may not provide enough power for much more than walking — and the 12 month warranty is a bit limited for a treadmill. Otherwise, we are excited to see what the Stride can do and how it functions.
Who It’s For: Walkers who need a fully collapsible compact treadmill that syncs with the Echelon Fit app
The EchelonStride is best for users who:
- Need something compact that folds flat when you are finished. This is the main selling feature of this treadmill.
- Are okay with a modified console that doesn’t have a screen but lights up to display a few workout metrics and provides a shelf for your personal tablet
- Those who may live in a limited space setting such as an apartment, condo or shared room
- Like the 10% incline and 12mph max speed
- Already have a subscription to the Echelon Fit app
- We recommend this to smaller users due to the 55” by 20” track size and limited motor size
- Collapsible Uprights and Console
- The Echelon Stride has a fully collapsible console and uprights that will fold down directly against the frame. This allows you to lift the Stride and lock it into place when it is in use but then fold it up when you’re done.
- 300lb Weight Capacity
- The Echelon Stride only weighs 156 pounds, but it can support 300 pounds. This makes it work for larger users who need a folding treadmill. The impressive frame-to-user weight ratio makes it durable but still easy to move.
- 10% Incline Range
- A +10% incline is a steep grade which will engage your glutes and hamstrings during training. The Echelon Stride has no problem maintaining and holding the deck steady at a steep incline. The combination of multiple speed options and a respectable incline range provides valuable variability in any training regimen.
- 55” Long by 22” Wide Running Surface
- The Stride is a folding treadmill, but it still has a 55” long by 22” wide running surface. This gives you plenty of lateral width and fore/aft space for a long stride.
- Composite Frame
- The Stride has a composite frame for added cushioning underfoot.
- Clean, Simple Backlit Screen
- The simple console syncs with your tablet to display the Echelon Fit app. The convenient display shelf is easy to see and reach while you’re on the Stride.
- Open Dimensions: 69.3″ × 31″ × 49.2″
- Folded Dimensions: 69.3″ × 31″ × 10.25″
- Frame-balanced elastomer deck for impact absorption
- Running Surface: 55″ L × 20″ W
- 10% Incline
- 12mph Max Speed
- 1.75 Continuous power, Energy Efficient Brushless DC Motor
- Syncs with Echelon Fit app on phone or tablet
- Backlit screen displays running metrics
- Folds flat when not in use
- Console shelf holds your tablet or personal device
- Speed: 12 mph
- Incline: 10%
- Easy Folding
- 12 months warranty