*TreadmillReviewGuru helps consumers find the best home fitness products. When you buy a product we recommend, we may earn a commission.
Content Contributor / Product Reviewer
Located in beautiful St. George, Utah, TreadmillReviewGuru.com is a leading online authority for home fitness equipment. We are a consumer-oriented company dedicated to, among many other things, guiding consumers in purchasing the best home fitness equipment for their fitness goals, and helping brands grow while challenging them to make a better product.
We set ourselves apart from our competition by being nuanced and detailed, and expect our contributors to be experts in their respective fields. TreadmillReviewGuru.com’s reputation as a reliable source for consumers has been growing for several years, and we’re looking for a new team member who can help us further distinguish ourselves from the many recent competitors who have entered the home fitness space due to the spike in consumer interest post COVID-19.
TreadmillReviewGuru is one of three outdoor and fitness review sites operated by the company. Our mission is to help guide buyers to quality products that fit their needs. We are one of the only websites where our reviewers test each product that is sent to us, compare it vs competing brands, and do their best to help consumers know the pro’s, con’s, best use cases, and if the product is right for them. We also are responsible for providing constructive feedback to the brands so they can in turn improve their product in future models.
We currently work directly with most of the biggest brands in the home fitness industry, including: NordicTrack, Sole, ProForm, Bowflex, Horizon, Lifespan, Assault Fitness, Hydrow, and many more.
In an industry where it’s becoming much more common for consumers to buy directly from the manufacturer, we think of ourselves as a place people can go to learn everything they need to know before they invest in the equipment.
The best part about it? We live and work in one of the most beautiful corners of Utah. Zion National Park is just a stone’s throw away, Las Vegas is two hours to the south and Lake Powell is two hours to the east.
TreadmillReviewGuru.com is seeking a new Content Creator/Product Reviewer to join our team. This person will be responsible for researching and testing the various home fitness equipment (treadmills, exercise bikes, rowers, etc.) and writing in-depth, high quality reviews on each product. They will also need to be comfortable on camera for video reviews.
This position blends four communications disciplines — journalism, content marketing, product reviewing and copywriting — into a hybrid role that champions the home fitness industry while making sure our readers are kept informed and are guided towards the best possible equipment for them. The foundation of any good product review website is its content, and as one of the main contributors to TreadmillReviewGuru.com you are responsible for that foundation.
- Thoroughly test home fitness equipment, including treadmills, ellipticals, rowers, exercise bikes, and more
- Write in-depth reviews of those products.
- Work with our team to determine which products should be ranked on our best lists and where.
- Frequently do on-camera reviews of equipment for our YouTube channel and website.
- Create content for and answer questions on social media channels.
- Generate content ideas based on SEO needs (targeting keywords, link building)
- Write additional content, such as:
- Industry news pieces
- Blog posts
- Website copy
- Company profiles and reviews
- Develop great relationships with other industry leaders and manufacturers
- Help the website increase targeted traffic and social traffic in order to increase affiliate sales.
- Become an all-around expert in the home fitness industry.
TreadmillReviewGuru.com currently focuses mostly on providing in-depth product reviews on home fitness equipment. We would like to expand our reach to also educate consumers on how to live a more healthy, active life. That’s why a fitness/health background is so important — you need to know your stuff.
In an increasing market of direct-to-consumer retailers and big-box stores that makes it difficult for consumers to know a product more than its spec sheet, our goal is to be the resource that helps them understand everything they need to know before making a purchase.
A good candidate will:
- Be a lover of all things fitness, and have a passion to share your knowledge with others.
- Preferably be a college graduate with a Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, journalism or a journalism-related field.
- Have 1-3+ years experience as a professional journalist or writer. We want someone inquisitive and resourceful; a person not afraid to pick up the phone to conduct an interview or get questions answered, with writing chops to boot.
- Be a passionate self-starter. You can follow directions but don’t necessarily need them to create interesting, polished content.
- Be comfortable on camera. Video reviews are a good chunk of what we do.
Please know that this is just a wish list. We’re not going to sit here and demand you be a “unicorn,” “ninja” or “wizard.”
- This role is based at our headquarters in St. George, Utah.
- As a primary function of this job is hands-on product testing, a candidate will be expected to live in or relocate to the St. George area.
What we offer:
- Competitive salary, depending on experience
- Future growth opportunities. We want you to earn raises every year, and as you help us grow you will also have growth opportunities.
- 12+ paid holidays per year. Paid holidays for 2021 include:
- New Year’s Day – January 1st
- Martin Luther King Day – January 18th
- President’s Day – February 15th
- Memorial Day – May 31st
- Independence Day – July 2nd + 5th
- Labor Day – September 6th
- Thanksgiving – November 25th
- Black Friday – November 26th
- Christmas – December 24th – January 1st
- 12 PTO (paid time off) days
- Fun environment, where you get to be one of a very small amount of people across the entire nation who test home fitness products.
*We do not currently offer medical insurance or 401K