*TreadmillReviewGuru helps consumers find the best home fitness products. When you buy a product we recommend, we may earn a commission.
Last Updated: April 1, 2022
In this Review, we’ll look at the new RW1000 Indoor Rower from LifeSpan. The RW1000 is a sturdy, durable, and nearly noiseless rower for those new to exercise or rowing. You can get your cardio workout while disturbing no one in your household, thanks to the ultra-quiet magnetic resistance system. Not only will your training be quiet, but when you’re done, you can quickly fold it up and stow it out of sight.
The smooth gliding action of the LifeSpan RW1000 gives you a steady workout at the resistance level of your choice. The continuous tension is reliable and remains consistent at each of the five resistance levels. The comfortable seat, swivel foot pedals, and padded handle grip will make each stroke productive and precise.
This mid-range priced rower offers a good value for those new to fitness and who need a quiet, comfortable, and compact rower.
Who It’s For: Newer rowers who need a quiet, compact unit for home use.
The LifeSpan RW1000 Indoor Rower is best for users who:
- Are new to rowing or exercise.
- Are looking for a compact and quiet rowing machine for home use.
- Want to store the rower out of sight after use.
- Need a sturdy machine for taller or heavier athletes.
- Folding Rowing Machine
- Folds to 34″ L x 19″ W x 64″ H for compact storage
- The RW1000 folds easily, giving you more floor space when you need it. There is no need to pull out any tools; after your workout, you can have your rower put away in seconds. Just remove the locking pin, fold the rower, and replace the locking pin to secure it in its folded, space-saving position. Once folded, the portable rower rolls safely to its storage place on the transport wheels beneath the footpads.
- Natural Drive System
- Whether you’re new to rowing or exercise in general, this indoor magnetic rower will match your fitness demands with its five levels of adjustable resistance. Because it’s a magnetic rower, it’s virtually silent compared to an air rower, making it perfect for in-home use. No matter how long your workouts are, the RW1000 will more than keep up with its slack-free belt retrieval, letting you exercise with confidence. You simply set the tension and forget it!
- Effortless Display
- The RW1000 keeps it simple, giving you the readouts you need most; distance, time, calories, stroke count, and strokes-per-minute. A glance provides you all the information you need during your total-body workout. Since this display runs entirely off of one AA battery, you have the flexibility of where you set up since power cords don’t anchor you to the nearest outlet.
- Open Dimensions: 90″ L x 18.5″ W x 23″ H
- Folded Dimensions: 34″ L x 19″ W x 64″ H
- Resistance System: 16.5 lbs. flywheel with magnetic resistance (eddy current brake)
- Seat: Large, Ergonomic design with Injected foam seat
- Monorail Length: 53″ Fitting Inseams Up to 38″
- Seat Height: 11″ to 14.5″
- Speed: 12mph Max Speed
- Motor: 1.75 Continuous power, Energy Efficient Brushless DC Motor
- Cordless–no need to set up near the closest outlet or run extension cords throughout the house.
- It runs entirely on a single AA battery which is extremely cost-effective.
- Displays distance, time, calories, stroke count, and strokes-per-minute.
- Tension knob to increase or decrease the tension of five different levels
- Magnetic/metal flywheel- reduced noise level, steady, smooth resistance operation
- Handle & strap pull mechanism
- Frame: 5 Years
- Parts: 2 Years
- Labor: 1 Year