*TreadmillReviewGuru helps consumers find the best home fitness products. When you buy a product we recommend, we may earn a commission.
Last Updated: April 3, 2023
The LifeSpan Fitness TR2000e electric folding treadmill is perfect for users who want a folding treadmill that will lift and lower on its own. This compact folding treadmill has a 20×56” walking surface and a quiet 2.5HP motor. Even though this is a compact treadmill, it will go up to 11mph and inclines to a 15% grade. This sturdy treadmill is good for both walking and running and works especially well for those with limited space or mobility since it is easy to get on and off and electrically folds up when you are done.
Awarded The Best Treadmill For Seniors
We have awarded the LifeSpan TR2000e the best treadmill for seniors because of it’s ability to fold and unfold electronically, effortless moving capabilities, and many other amazing features. This treadmill has been impressive all the way around so it was an easy choice to recommend this machine.
Our LifeSpan TR2000e Video Review
- 2.5HP Continuous DC motor is smooth and quiet
- 2.5” front, 2” rear belt rollers keep the belt securely on the deck with no slapping noise
- 15% incline engages different muscle groups as opposed to a flat grade
- 8 Compression Shocks and extra thick belt add extra comfort and joint support
- eFold system folds and locks the deck in place electrically
- Step up height of 8” is easy to step on and off the deck
- USB Port in console allows you to charge your device
- Console is simple and easy to use
- Tablet shelf in console holds tablets and phones securely in view while you exercise
- Intelli-Step counts steps and Intelli-Guard turns off the belt when you step off for safety
- LCD Console is easy to see, but it is not touchscreen or color
- No subscription option
- Heart rate chest strap not included
- 15% Incline
- The LifeSpan TR2000e will incline to a 15% grade so you can walk gently and still get some hill training for overall leg strengthening and conditioning
- Cushioned Deck
- 8 compression shocks under the deck provide extra cushion for joint comfort and spine support
- 20” W x 56” L running surface
- Even though this is a relatively compact treadmill, you still get a good sized deck that is great for walking.
- eFold Electric Folding System
- When you are finished, simply press the DOWN button on the console, and the treadmill will electrically fold up on its own. It will lock into place for safety and security.
- Quiet 2.5HP motor
- The motor is very quiet in operation. We noticed little to no motor noise when in use. The only apparent sound was from the belt as it slides over the deck.
- Quiet 4.0HP motor
- The motor is powerful, but still very quiet in operation. We noticed little to no motor noise when in use. The only apparent sound was from the belt as it slides over the deck.
- Great for those with mobility issues
- The TR2000e has a low step up height of just 8”. It is easy to get on and off which makes it ideal for anyone with joint or mobility issues.
- Simple, easy to use console
- This console is designed for those who want a quick easy display that’s not hard to navigate and doesn’t add extra features or content.
- Contact heart rate sensors on handles
- 2 Heart rate programs are preloaded and EKG grips on the handlebars transmit your heart rate directly to the console.
- 20” W x 56” L belt
- 2 ply belt
- 2.5 HP Continuous DC motor
- 2.5” front, 2” rear belt rollers
- 15% Incline
- 8 Compression Shocks
- eFold Electric Folding system
- 4 Front mounted and 2 rear mounted wheels
- Non slip side rails
- Open Footprint: 71” L x 33” W x 56” H
- Folded Footprint: 50” L x 33” W x 56” H
- Step up height: 8”
- 300lbs max user weight
- Total treadmill weight: 211lbs
- 15% Incline
- 11mph Max Speed
- Cushioned Deck
- Folds up when not in use
- Quiet 2.5HP motor
- Great for those with limited mobility
- Simple console with plenty of training options and metrics
- 6” Blue Backlit display
- Contact heart rate sensors on handles
- 2 Heart Rate programs
- 2 Customized user programs
- 17 Preset programs
- AUX audio jack with built in speakers
- Bluetooth Speakers will sync with your phone or tablet
- 5 Quickset™ speed buttons
- 5 Quickset™ incline buttons
- Safety Key
- Intelli-Step Pedometer tracks your steps
- Intelli-Guard safety feature turns belt off after 20 seconds once you step off the deck
- Frame: 10-years
- Parts: 2-Years
- Labor: 1-Year
In-depth Review of LifeSpan TR2000e Treadmill
- The LifeSpan Fitness TR2000e Electric Folding Treadmill has steel support beams under the deck with a lift assist arm and cross beams for added stability. There are four wheels on the front which slide smoothly across your floor so rolling the treadmill around is easy. The 2.5HP continuous duty motor is housed safely under the deck so it is quiet and out of the way. The motor supports speeds up to 11mph and inclines the deck to a 15% grade. It is smooth in operation and supportive underfoot. When the TR2000e is locked in a folded position, it will not accidentally unlatch and drop to the floor.
The TR2000e has two sets of handrails. Short horizontal bars extend in front of the console. These have small buttons to quickly adjust speed and incline as well as EKG grips for heart rate data. The short bars are nice when you have to reach forward and adjust something on the console. These provide a comfortable handhold while navigating the console.
Two longer handrails extend alongside the deck which provide support while walking and also make it easy to get on and off with a bit of handrail support. The rails have a soft plastic cover that can be wiped down and sanitized easily. The plastic covers overlay a steel beam that provides structural support to the whole console. These aren’t super long, but that makes it easier to get on and off the deck.
- The deck is supported by 8 compression shocks that mitigate foot impact while walking. This lessens any impact discomfort and provides added protection to joints and spine.
- At 56” long and 20” wide this walking surface gives you plenty of forward foot span and kickback. The non-slip side rails provide a place to step off quickly when needed. Side rails are gently textured so your shoe won’t slip.
- Belt and Rollers
- 2.5” rollers in the front and 2” rollers in the back of the deck keep the belt moving along smoothly. The belt itself is extra thick for added comfort and product life.
- The 2.5HP motor controls all the speed and incline settings, so it needs to be both responsive and quiet. The TR2000e inclines and declines smoothly so you don’t have to hold the handrails while it lifts – you can keep running or walking while the deck moves and you hardly notice. Speed increases are also smooth so you can continue walking while the treadmill inclines or declines without having to hold the handrails. The TR2000e also has both the Intelli-Step feature, which counts your steps, as well as Intelli-Guard, which turns off the belt after 20 seconds of non-use. This makes it so you can step away from your treadmill and it will stop automatically. It will count your steps throughout the day even if you step on and off periodically.
- As with other folding treadmills, the motor is housed under the deck. The motor hood at the front of the deck has a low profile, so we didn’t experience the problem of your shoe hitting the top of the motor hood while walking. This is an issue with some machines, especially if the motor hood is raised or extends forward on the deck.
The LifeSpan TR2000e has a 6” backlit LCD screen where you can select and navigate different programs. This screen is easy to see and provides readouts for your current exercise program, name and profile. This is not a touchscreen, but the console buttons make it simple to toggle through various settings and programs.
Console layout is intuitive and easy to navigate. The screen sits upright in the center with Quick touch buttons for Speed on the right and Incline on the left. There are only five buttons here: 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10. Speed goes up to 11mph and Incline raises to 15%, so there are lots of settings aside from the preset buttons. There is also a manual up/down button for incline and +/- for speed. A pause, start and stop button are highlighted at the bottom of the console. There is also a safety key on the front panel that attaches to your clothing with a clip on the end. One USB port is up by the screen next to the main power button. There is also a tablet holder in the center of the console for convenience. The UP/DOWN buttons by the console display lift and lower the deck. When it is locked in position, hold the DOWN buttons for a few seconds and the treadmill will automatically unfold and drop gently to the floor. When you are ready to fold and lock it, press the UP button and the deck will again automatically fold and lock. This takes a minute, but it is very fluid and stable while folding.
The Bluetooth system will also sync with your personal device to play your music through the TR2000e speakers and it will transmit data from a compatible Bluetooth chest strap heart rate monitor. Garmin HR monitors use ANT+ tech and may not sync with the TR2000e. You can turn Bluetooth on or off for both speakers and HR strap on the main settings screen.
The tablet holder is a slot just in front of the screen that should hold most devices securely. It is good sized, but depending on the size of the device you use, it could block the screen a bit. This won’t affect your stats or metrics, those will run automatically while you enjoy a program on your device.
Water Bottle and Other Storage
There are two large cup holders on either side of the console to hold most sized water bottles. These are also another good storage area for keys or a phone or any other item you want to keep close by.
The TR2000e is a hearty little machine. It has a slightly smaller footprint than comparable treadmills and functions well as a compact walking treadmill. When open, the belt is plenty long for walking and feels supportive underfoot. We were frankly surprised and impressed with the quiet operation of the TR2000e. The 300lb max weight capacity is pretty good for a treadmill in this price range. Together the motor and build of the TR2000e along with added incline, top speed and LCD screen make it easy to use and fun to run on.
Incline / Decline range
The LifeSpan TR2000e inclines to 15% max grade which gives you nice variables in your training regimen. The more incline you add, the more you engage your posterior muscle chain to help counteract the force of gravity pulling you backwards. This allows users to walk at an incline, stay low-impact, but still get a challenging workout that recruits more of the powerhouse lower-body muscles. Additionally, incline training burns more calories than running on a flat road. It also adds different challenges when you combine various speeds with various inclines. It’s hard to get bored on a machine with this many training options. The incline makes this a great option for walking.
There are more than 20 built in workouts on the TR2000e including programs for: Weight Loss, Sport Training, Healthy Living or Custom. The preset programs display a graph of the routine that the treadmill will automatically follow throughout your workout, so you can just turn it on and walk hands-free. The custom programs can be adjusted based on the needs and conditioning of the user. These preprogrammed workouts are simple. While the display is in color, these are not video programs with an instructor. Instead, these are easy to see graph displays that guide you through the workout in increments. This is a great set up for users who want lots of data, but a simple, easy to use interface.
There are no subscription options on the TR2000e. The preprogrammed workouts are there to provide you all the training you should need.
The TR2000e is remarkably quiet when in use. The beeping from the control buttons (which you can turn off) was the loudest sound when using the treadmill. There is a bit of swishing noise as the belt slides across the deck, but this was not irritating nor overly disruptive. This would be a fine machine to use at home, in a small space, or even in an upstairs apartment or condo. The motor is very quiet when inclining and declining.
Storage / Folding
The TR2000e has the eFold system which electronically lifts and locks the deck into a vertical position when not in use. When the deck is securely locked, it can’t be accidentally unlatched by a pet or child. As mentioned above, to fold the deck, press the UP button on the console and to lower, press the DOWN button. The folded position is quite secure so you shouldn’t have any issues when it is locked. The wheels under the frame make it easy to roll when folded as well.
When it folds, the TR2000e tucks the deck in tight, but you do need a bit of extra space both in front and behind the treadmill to accommodate sufficient space when it is open. When folded, we measured the TR2000e at 32” wide, 50” long and 55” high. When unfolded, you need 83” in length for the full span of the frame.
The LifeSpan TR2000e is a quality treadmill that is well-priced and packed with excellent features for gently walking in your home. We are impressed with the respectable 11mph max speed and generous 15% incline. Over 20 pre programmed workouts give you lots of training options. We could use a few more controls on the console for quickly navigating speeds or inclines; only having five options for each setting is a bit minimal. But the manual buttons allow for smaller, more precise increments so you can find the perfect setting with just the touch of a button. LifeSpan has integrated Bluetooth functionality into the console so you can sync your workout data with a number of compatible programs for your own storage and reference. The 2.5HP motor is on par with standard walking treadmills. We find the LifeSpan TR2000e to be a particularly well-suited option for users who want a low step-up height, flat, comfortable console, easy to see LCD screen and large digital buttons. This looks like a treadmill you would find in a doctor’s office or physical therapy clinic. We love the large color buttons, EKG grips, two handlebar options and generous cup holders. For walkers or light joggers looking for a compact, electronically folding treadmill that works great in small spaces or apartments, the LifeSpan TR2000e is the perfect option.