Last Updated: January 7, 2021
The NordicTrack RW200 is a simple, easy to use rower that folds up when not in use so it will fit comfortably into any workout program or space. Rowing is a great full body exercise that strengthens muscles in the legs as well as arms, back, and chest! It also strengthens the cardiovascular system by increasing the body’s demand for oxygen during exercise. Regular conditioning on a rower is a fantastic way to build strength and enhance your cardio efficiency.
Who It’s For: Users who want a foldable and affordable rower that doesn’t take up much space
The RW200 is designed for users who want a sleek rowing machine that is:
- Compact and easy to use
- Doesn’t require internet or wifi connection
- Very affordable
- Simple Watts Backlit Display
- Comfortable design with padded seat and smooth oversized track
- 24 Digital Resistance Levels
- Silent Magnetic Resistance
- 250lb User Capacity
- Watts Backlit Display and Adjustable Console
- The display is clear and easy to see. Console adjusts up and down for precise visibility.
- Adjustable SMR™ (Silent Magnetic Resistance) with 24 Digital Resistance Levels
- Magnetic resistance is created without any friction on the flywheel, so it is silent and doesn’t cause wear on the drive system. 24 preset resistance levels gives you exact resistance each workout.
- Oversized Steel Seat Rail and Ergonomic, Molded Seat
- The seat slides cleanly forward and aft along the seat rail. Powering through the rowing drive is smooth and feels natural.
- Oversized, Pivoting Pedals and Adjustable Nylon Foot Straps
- The pedals are a molded plastic overlay that covers a solid surface underneath. This provides underfoot support while allowing for some flex side to side to reduce tension in the ankles and feet.
- SpaceSaver® Design folds when not in use
- Like most rowers, the footprint is long and narrow when open, so you do need to have a dedicated space to get the full functionality out of the rower. However, it folds up when not in use. Wheels underneath allow you to move and roll it as needed when you are finished.
- 20 Preset Workout Apps
- In addition to the one year of free iFit that will stream to your tablet, the rower includes 20 preset rowing programs built into the console itself. This way you can use the rower without the need for WiFi or a tablet if desired.
- Bluetooth® Smart Enabled
- Watts Backlit Display
- Adjustable Console
- Includes 1-Yr NordicTrack iFit® membership**
- Auxiliary Music Port
- Two 2” Digitally Amplified Speakers
- Inertia-Enhanced Flywheel
- Adjustable SMR™ (Silent Magneic Resistance)
- 24 Digital Resistance Levels</li
- 250 Lb. User Capacity</li
- Oversized Steel Seat Rail
- Ergonomic, Molded Seat
- Oversized, Pivoting Pedals
- Adjustable Nylon Foot Straps
- SoftTouch™ Ergonomic Handle
- Front-mounted Transport Wheels
- SpaceSaver® Design
- 86.5″ L x 22.0″ W x 42.8″ H Footprint
- 20 Preset Workout Apps
- 10-Year Frame Warranty
- 2-Year Parts Warranty
- 1-Year Labor Warranty
The NordicTrack RW200 is an affordable rower that doesn’t take up too much space and folds up when not in use. This is a great option for users who want an in-home rower that doesn’t break the bank or require the whole living room to operate!
In-depth Review of RW200
- The RW200 frame is a steel track with soft molded seat and ergonomic pedals with nylon straps. The track is secure and the seat glides smoothly up and down. The console on the front sits at a good height and is easy to reach and navigate. Folding it up is not difficult, just grab the handle on the center of the track and lift.
- Total Footprint: 86.5″ Long x 22.0″ Wide x 42.8″ High
- Folded Footprint:43.8” High x 37.2” Deep x 22” Wide
- Max User Weight: 250 lbs
- SpaceSaver Design: Yes
- The pedals are reinforced with a solid foot surface underneath and a molded overlay that holds your shoe securely. The double layer provides stability underfoot while still allowing for a gentle flex and give as you row. A wide nylon strap with velcro secures feet into position.
- The RW200 handle is gently cushioned for a very comfortable hold. It is plenty wide and just thick enough for a good hand-hold.
- The seat is contoured and slightly cushioned. It slides gently from front to back. Rowing feels smooth and the track doesn’t bow at any point.
- The flywheel provides a smooth stroke throughout your rowing drive. Recovery is also gentle as the flywheel evenly pulls the handle back to starting position.
- The damper on the RW200 is on the top of the flywheel. The more air you allow to flow in and out of the flywheel, the more power is required to move the flywheel. So greater air flow: greater resistance. As a result of the added air resistance, noise is greater at higher resistance levels since more air is flowing through the flywheel. The damper is well positioned so you can adjust it (often without removing your feet) while you are on the rower.
- 24 Digital Levels
- Magnetic resistance is silent and calibrated using magnets that oppose the motion of the flywheel. There are no contact points and therefore no friction or wear on the flywheel.
- 24 preset resistance levels give you plenty of options to select and allow users to find just the right resistance for any workout or class. You can adjust resistance via the OneTouch buttons on the console.
- Air resistance occurs as the air flows through the flywheel with each drive. The air resistance can be modified by adjusting how much air flows out of the fan vents and how much stays inside. This creates an additional method of adding and adjusting resistance.
- Watts Backlit Display
- The Console is large and easy to navigate. The display shows the following metrics:
- Current 500m Split/Average 500m split
- Calories burned/Calories per hour
- Strokes/Strokes per minute
- Screen Movement The screen pivots gently up and down so you can find the right point of visibility.
- Minimal Accessories: The RW200 doesn’t have many accessories. There isn’t a fan, tablet holder or cup holders, but since the rower sits so close to the floor, it is easy to set a water bottle or other items close by.
- The RW200 makes about as much noise as comparable rowers. There is a bit of noise as the air moves through the flywheel, but this is to be expected on a rower. While it is noticeable, it’s not terribly loud, just more of a whirring sound.
Storage / Folding
- Most rowers take up a bit of space when fully opened since you need room to slide forward and back on the track. However, the RW200 is about as compact as you can get and it folds up when not in use which saves a ton of space. The rower isn’t super wide at just 22” in total width, but it does extend 86.5” when fully open. You will need a significant amount of floor space to open and then use the rower appropriately.
- The rower folds up via a handlebar on the track. It is a little tricky to fold since the screen on the front end is heavy. Wheels under the front mount engage when the rower is lifted so you can roll it gently as needed.
- There are 20 pre programmed workouts on the machine that will guide you through various intensities and resistance. The onboard workouts are sufficient to keep you active and provide plenty of training variables