*TreadmillReviewGuru helps consumers find the best home fitness products. When you buy a product we recommend, we may earn a commission.
Last Updated: March 15, 2022
The NordicTrack RW600 is a new rower in the NordicTrack lineup and we find it to be a great option for those looking for a tech-enhanced but still affordable rower. As we review the NordicTrack RW600 rower we take a look at features such as the nice sized 10” screen, iFit rowing content free for the 30 days, and has the hybrid air/magnetic rowing system. Rowing is an excellent low-impact full-body workout that conditions both the cardiovascular system as well as key muscle systems in the legs, core, chest, and back. Many people have discovered the advantages of rowing and are now looking to access this impressive training regimen at home.
The hybrid resistance system on the NordicTrack RW600 is an advantage because magnetic resistance is quiet while air resistance is infinitely customizable. To create magnetic resistance, magnets inside the machine oppose the motion of the rowing stroke which creates silent, frictionless resistance. Air resistance can be customized via the lever on the side to allow for more or less air flow through the flywheel. More air = more resistance so you can get a very nuanced rowing stroke from the combination of the preset digital resistance levels and adjustable air resistance as well. The use of magnetic and air resistance makes the RW600 quieter than traditional air rowers. Also, the RW600 folds in half so it can be folded and tucked out of the way when you are finished using it.
Who It’s For: People who want to develop muscular strength and aerobic endurance on a low-impact machine
- Rowing recruits more than 85% of your muscles so it is great for full-body muscle activation. It doesn’t just target the leg muscles like running or cycling.
- The RW600 rower is great for those looking to strengthen their core since rowing incorporates more abdominal muscles than other cardio exercises
- Rowing is great for aerobic conditioning, and the RW600 is good for people who want to develop greater cardiovascular endurance with long, steady sessions
- Rowing can also be used for HIIT training, so the RW600 is a good tool for those who want to do fast, hard intervals to increase their VO2max and aerobic threshold
- The RW600 rower is quiet, and is a good option for people who are in apartments, condos or other shared living space and need something that won’t disturb those around them
- The RW600 provides a well-rounded workout that is low-impact. This works well for users with joint issues or other impact-related injuries who need something that is easy on the spine and joints
- The RW600 folds in half, so it is a good option for anyone with limited space who want to fold up and move the rower out of the way when they are finished
- People with back problems should consult with a physician first to make sure rowing is approved for certain back issues
- People who have a hard time bending low may want to consider if they can bend down to get on and off the RW600 rower
- Great for aerobic conditioning
- Rowing is an excellent exercise for aerobic conditioning because you can sustain a steady, oxygen-rich breathing pattern while you row. This builds the aerobic system and increases your oxygen efficiency.
- Low-Impact Calorie Burn
- Rowing provides a low-impact workout so you can burn calories without the jarring and shock from running.
- Includes 30 Day iFit membership**
- iFit includes hundreds of rowing classes and outdoor routes to enjoy while on your rower. The first 30 days are free which allows users to access and evaluate content before having to commit to a subscription.
- Adjustable SMR™ (Silent Magnetic Resistance) with 26 Digital Resistance Levels
- Magnetic resistance is created without any friction on the flywheel, so it is silent and doesn’t cause wear on the drive system. 26 preset resistance levels gives you exact resistance each workout.
- Adjustable Air Resistance
- The NordicTrack RW600 also uses air resistance that is created from a fan at the front of the rower. The amount of air moving through the fan is adjusted via a lever on the side. The more air you allow through the flywheel, the more resistance is generated. This allows users to access the magnetic resistance as well as use adjustable air resistance.
- Oversized Steel Seat Rail and Ergonomic, Molded Seat
- The seat slides cleanly forward and aft along the seat rail. Powering through the rowing drive is smooth and feels natural.
- Oversized, Pivoting Pedals and Adjustable Nylon Foot Straps
- The pedals are a molded plastic overlay that covers a solid surface underneath. This provides underfoot support while allowing for some flex side to side to reduce tension in the ankles and feet.
- SpaceSaver® Design folds when not in use
- Like most rowers, the footprint is long and narrow when open, so you do need to have a dedicated space to get the full functionality out of the rower. However, it folds up when not in use. Wheels underneath allow you to move and roll it as needed when you are finished.
- 10-Year Frame Warranty
- The RW600 rower is covered with a 10-year warranty on the frame, which is good coverage for a rower.
- 10” HD Touchscreen
- Includes 30 day iFit membership**
- Auxiliary Music Port
- Two 2” Digitally Amplified Speakers
- Inertia-Enhanced Flywheel
- Adjustable SMR™ (Silent Magnetic Resistance)
- 26 Digital Resistance Levels
- 250 Lb. User Capacity
- Oversized Steel Seat Rail
- Ergonomic, Molded Seat
- Oversized, Pivoting Pedals
- Adjustable Nylon Foot Straps
- SoftTouch™ Ergonomic Handle
- Front-mounted Transport Wheels
- SpaceSaver® Design
- 117lb total weight
- Footprint: 87” Long x 22” Wide x 47” High
- 10-Year Frame Warranty
- 2-Year Parts Warranty
- 1-Year Labor Warranty